Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist and track links won't embed in Tumblr anymore

Playlist and track links won't embed in Tumblr anymore

I used to be able to go to click the ... on any playlist or song and click "copy song/playlist link" and paste it directly into Tumblr's audio bar and it would appear as a post. Now I get an error message for anything I try to embed (see image). I'm using the Web Player, and have always ued the web player, so I don't know what's changed. Anyone else having this problem?

Screenshot 2018-11-04 at 11.27.14 AM.png
4 Replies

Hey @lilacks.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you try the stand-alone app? It contains a feature for sharing directly to Tumblr. Let us know if that gives the same result as copying the link from the Web Player.

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

I can't use spotify on my phone, for one I don't have enough storage space, for another I don't have unlimited data so I can't stream things, and for another it works differently than the web player. So I don't have the app, i can't test that for you. I only use spotify on my chromebook at my house or other place with wifi. It should work if you offer the link feature on the web player. It worked until a few days ago.

Hey there @lilacks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

In this case, we'd suggest trying to share the embed link using a different browser or an incognito/private window in your device. To try that, open an incognito window in your browser and access our web player in it. Once you have copied the link, you can open a new tab there, access Tumblr and share your post with the embed code.

If that does the trick, we'd suggest clearing the cache and cookies memory of your browser.

On another note, we'd suggest making sure that your browser is on the latest update/version.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

i'm having the same issue. the web player could include the "share to..." option, like the (in my case, Linux) desktop client does. that method works for sharing to Tumblr, but it promptly logs me out of the web player.

Spotify users could connect their accounts with Tumblr and be able to share playlists from within the browser this way. right now, we can only copy the link, which leads to what OP reported.

Suggested posts