Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist is not showing up in search

Playlist is not showing up in search

Hello friends,

I've created a playlist titled "Addiction Recovery Songs" on Spotify.  I finally was able to edit the playlist's details with all of the new recent changes but I went to search for my playlist on my friend's account and the playlist does not show up when I type "Addiction Recovery Songs" or "shadowmountainrecovery" (my username).  Can anyone please help me?  The playlist is set to public.  Link to playlist:  https://open.spotify.com/user/shadowmountainrecovery/playlist/45SMJCqNEVFKznkitLCQ3g

Thank you!

8 Replies

Hey @SMRecovery, welcome to the Spotify Community!

It's odd that this happens. Are you following each other? You can try to send your friend the link to the playlist too. You could also try creating a new playlist with the same tracks and see if the same occurs.

Let us know how it goes.

Hey @Fabian_SB,

We are not following each other.  I did try creating the same playlist again but this was was not found in the search results either.  I'd like other users to be able to search and listen to this playlist.  Any other tips?  Thank you!  

Searching for a user, using you as an example,takes the form of "spotify:user:shadowmountainrecovery".

You seem to have duplicated the playlist as it appears as:

spotify:user:shadowmountainrecovery:playlist:5bTFId2LZIDrweH79r7ui5 and

spotify:user:shadowmountainrecovery:playlist:45SMJCqNEVFKznkitLCQ3g

It can take a while for new playlists to be updated on the database and show up in searches so it's probably just a question of time.

@Joe - Do you know how long they usually take to be searchable?  The first playlist was created on August 12, 2016 so it's been quite a while.  

@Joe:  The only playlist that comes up when you type "Addiction Recovery" is a playlist created by @beckingsfield (who is not a friend or follower of mine) that was created on October 10, 2016.  Since my playlist was created before that user's, do you still think it's an issue of waiting it out?    

Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 4.28.00 AM.png

Ah, no and I see why it has been duplicated now. Hopefully @FabianS_Bogota will be able to get to the bottom of this for you.

@Fabian_SB : Any way you can look into this?

Try sending him a message. Alternatively, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Suggested posts