Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist issue on Marantz SR5008

Solved!

Playlist issue on Marantz SR5008

Hi,

I have a Marantz SR5008 AV receiver that comes with a basic spotify player which was working perfectly until a few weeks ago. While playlist listing was taking only 1 or 2 seconds before, it now takes up to several minutes before I can choose the playlist I want to listen.

Another issue is that playlist synchronisation between spotify server and spotify player on the SR5008 is now random. I sometime need to logout and login several times in a row before a playlist is available on the SR5008 player while it was instantly available a few week ago.

I have a premium access, the SR5008 firmware is up to date and I tried to reset it to factory default parameter (no improvement). All other devices at home with spotify are working just fine so internet connection should not be the problem.

Does anybody knows what is going and what could be done to improve the situation ?

Thanks a lot for any help you could give me.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

I have the same problem since last month with a Marantz M-CR610. I reported the problem to support Spotify on Facebook (www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares😞 they respond immediately but never no solution to the problem, they take time ..
The bypass which I personally found is to remove from the list, all playlists generated by Spotify (example: Discover Weekly) and keep only those created by me, in this way the load is much faster!
I gave this indication to the support of Spotify, but it seems that they have ignored him.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Some more information about my problem : I contacted Spotify support via tweeter (@spotifycares, very nice and reactive people btw) and the situation improved.

Access to playlists is now much faster !

However, playlist synchronisation is still an issue, it can take forever before a playlist added with my smartphone appears in the playlist on the Marantz player.

I will contact spotifycares again and hope this will improve too !

I have been having exactly this problem since December. It started with a 60 response time before my playlists would appear, then it increased to 4.5 minutes and now it's back down to 60 seconds again. It is not good enough. Like yours, it used to take a couple of seconds and Spotify seem to be ignoring the issue. 

Marked as solution

Hi,

I have the same problem since last month with a Marantz M-CR610. I reported the problem to support Spotify on Facebook (www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares😞 they respond immediately but never no solution to the problem, they take time ..
The bypass which I personally found is to remove from the list, all playlists generated by Spotify (example: Discover Weekly) and keep only those created by me, in this way the load is much faster!
I gave this indication to the support of Spotify, but it seems that they have ignored him.

You are a HERO. Thank-you, your solution totally works for me and everything is back to normal now. The playlist responds instantly.  

Hello,

thanks for the compliments; I gave this to the support to help technicians to fix the problem permanently, because it seems to spread to different devices Marantz, but it seems they have not read...

Hi,

I think I found out what's going on with my Marantz SR5008:

- access to playlist is always quick only when there is no spotify playlist to list

- if there is a spotify playlist, listing of the playlist can be quick or slow (from a few seconds to one/two minutes). No consistent behavior here, it seems to be random...

- if I add a new playlist (with my phone from instance), this playlist does not appear on the SR5008 unless I logout and login. Although the Marantz player displays "loading playlists" when I go to the playlist menu, it seems it does not check at all the Spotify servers to synchronize the playlists... Hence my newly added playlist does not appear. If I logout and then login, the playlist may appear but it may be necessary to repeat this several times.

I actually found a workaround to synchronize my playlist with 100% success (for the moment) :

- go to the network options

- go to the settings

- Change DHCP from automatic to manual (you don't have to save)

- Change DHCP back from manual to automatic

- Press save and go back to the Spotify menu

The SR5008 will perform some "tests" for about 1 minute before you can access Spotify again.

Listing of the playlists for the first time should now take about 1 minute but added playlist are now available. Subsequent accesses to playlists only takes a few seconds because the SR5008 does not actually connect to Spotify servers.

This is not a perfect solution but it is still better than login / logout with the help of a remote ...

It is a pity that everything worked just fine for several years and I have to go through this mess now... I don't know what Spotify changed but it would be nice if they could improve the situation.

Suggested posts