Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist on Web Player displaying incorrect order

Playlist on Web Player displaying incorrect order

Hello-

When loading up one of my custom playlists through the Web Player, it does not take the setting of "Sort" that I have chosen on my smartphone. It automatically sorts the playlist with the oldest added tracks to the top, and the newest added tracks to the bottom. 

Can we please have the Web Player reflect the playlist settings set up on the device? It is really annoying to have to scroll all the way down through 300 tracks in order to find the latest tracks I have added via my smartphone. 

Thank you!

2 Replies

Hey @WayTooSarcastic

The Sorting setting affects playlists only on one particular device. The web player has no way to sort playlists at all, so it displays your playlists in the order you've placed songs to it. You can move songs around by dragging and dropping in the desktop client - these changes will be visible on all the other devices too.

Hope this helps 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well that doesn't really help. I don't want to change the order of my playlist. I like it how it's displayed on my mobile device, with the last added at the top.

Guess I'll just have to wait till you implement playlist sorting across all mediums..

Suggested posts