Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists auto updating

Solved!

Playlists auto updating

Hello!

If I subscribe to a playlist (and have it saved to my phone)... If the playlist has new songs added to it, does my account automatically sync from time to time and download the latest additions to my phone?

Secondaly, if I click save on a tune on my phone, then login to Spotify on my PC, will it download that tune automatically? So all "saved" songs are sync across devices?

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Jimmyrn85!

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, if you follow a certain playlist and the owner decides to change its songs you will automatically notice that the songs have changed on your phone. Also, if you have internet connection, all your devices should be perfectly sync and you'll be able to see your saved songs in all your devices.

I hope this helped 🙂

Happy listening, Jose.

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @Jimmyrn85!

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, if you follow a certain playlist and the owner decides to change its songs you will automatically notice that the songs have changed on your phone. Also, if you have internet connection, all your devices should be perfectly sync and you'll be able to see your saved songs in all your devices.

I hope this helped 🙂

Happy listening, Jose.

Jose_MSpotify Star

Well that clears that up! Many thanks!!

No worries 😉 that's what I'm here for. Make sure to reach out if you have any other questions.

Jose.

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hello, what if I liked a playlist and wish to not have the playlist update when the original creator updates the playlist. Sometimes I like a playlist exactly how it is. 

Thanks

Hey there @sammiew,

Welcome to the Community!

Currently there is no way to save a specific version of a playlist, so it stays the same even when the author adds or removes songs.

What you can do is copy all the songs from that playlist and create your own. The easiest way to do this is using the Ctrl+A / Command+A command on the desktop app to select all the songs in a playlist and add them to the new one.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again, if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I have a problem with my playlists that I am following. In the phone/ desktop app, it usually shows the same songs (which has been there for weeks). However, when I copied the link and pasted it on Discord for my friend to listen, the playlist appeared with new songs which I assume they are newest and updated ones.

Can you explain how's that happen and a solution for this?

Thank you.

Hey @DuyNP,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this one.

One Spotify URI shouldn't bring up different versions of a playlist. We'd appreciate it if you post the link, so that we may have a closer look. We'd also appreciate a couple of screenshot of how it appears in your app and  for your friends in Discord.

Keep us posted, we’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Here's the link in my Discord:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWYLMi9ZNZUaz?si=h02xgCDtSPutYddad0jIhQ

Below is the comparison between the desktop app and the link in Discord:

discord.PNG

DuyNP_0-1604573789072.png

Hey @DuyNP,

Thank you for your reply and screenshots.

This is a Spotify created playlist and it's personalized so your  friend sees the list that's personalized for them.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away. We're happy to help 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi,

Is there anyway to reset this personal playlist? I want to here new music but it keeps remain old songs in my playlists.

Thanks in advance.

Hey again @DuyNP 🙂

There's no way to reset your playlist at will at the moment. However, you can heart and ban tracks to influence the playlist content.

Cheers 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts