Plan

Free

Country

Romania

Device

iPhone 6S Plus, PS3

Operating System

iOS 14.4.1, PlayStation®3 System Software Update 4.87

This issue happens when shuffling liked songs, an album or a playlist (although I haven't tested it, I'm positive it happens on playlists too, because it appears to be a shuffle related issue) on the PS3. If I get an ad after a song finishes playing, the next song is skipped after the ad ends.

Let's say (as an example, as this is not a realistic shuffle scenario and Ariana's songs have no correlation to the issue) that my liked songs are shuffling and right now Positions by Ariana Grande is playing. The next song is 7 Rings and the one after that is Dangerous Woman. Positions ends and suddenly I get an ad. After the ad ends instead of 7 rings playing, Dangerous Woman starts playing. (this happens when I'm controlling the PS3 with my phone but I think it might happen when shuffling only on the console too)

This issue does not appear to happen when playing my liked songs, an album or playlists normally (non-shuffle) so it appear to be a shuffle issue.

9 Replies

Hey there @chihaialex

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

Would you mind giving it a try shuffling only on the console?

If possible, could you try reinstalling the app and let us know if you notice anything new? 

Keep us posted!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes or course. So i tried playing my liked songs straight through console only i got an ad and it didnt skip any songs the i tried the same thing on a playlist didnt skip any song.

After that i tried shuffling my liked songs console only and it did skip a song when i got an ad.

After that i uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 

Tried shuffling my liked songs console only again and it still skipped a song. (didnt try anything else so far but im pretty sure nothing changed)

Hey @chihaialex

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you try using a different internet connection to see if you can replicate this?

It would also be helpful if you could send over a video where we can take a better look at this issue. You can attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator

I can't upload here so I've made a google drive folder with a video and a few photos showcasing the issue:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-0EQqOGi_nx66BslhiW8xYp832yxL9Bn

Hi again @chihaialex 

Thanks for this info. 

Could you let us know if this is happening when you log into your account using another device?

We'll be right here. 

NovyModerator

Tried connecting with 2 other phones and the issue is still there

Hey @chihaialex,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the extensive troubleshooting so far.

We'd like to test if this is possibly an account related issue. To that end, could you create a new account here with a different email and see if the songs skip there as well. If they don't you can use the steps here to transfer your music collection.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Well this issue has one very simple fix and that's just buying spotify premium. I thought it might've been a but so that's why i reached out. 

I want to try the account thing but i can't seem to find how to unlink my spotify account from my PSN account

Hey @chihaialex,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Keep in mind that the link between PSN and Spotify is managed by Sony. You can disconnect your Spotify account from Sony by visiting this page. If any issues come up make sure you reach out to their Customer Support to get more assistance.

Keep us posted on how things work out. We'd love to investigate this further. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts