Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please, PLEASE update the Windows 8 app!

Please, PLEASE update the Windows 8 app!

I bought a Lumia 1020 two months ago and I love it do death. However, I can't say the same about the Spotify app.

Before I bought the Lumia, I had a Samsung Galaxy S2 and the Spotify app worked really well there. On the Windows phone it doesn't work as well at all.

I'm gonna write down my problems as a list, with no particular order.

• Scrolling through an album is an absolute chore, due to it being so long. On the Android app there's a small box on the right hand side that you can use to quickly scroll through the list. This should be added to the Windows version as well. It takes about 30 seconds to scroll through the list on my Windows phone, on my android it takes about 1-2 seconds.

• Songs often repeat themselves in the queue in shuffle mode. If I choose a song in an album and shuffle mode is on there's a large chance that I will be hearing the same songs over and over again. I'm looking at my play queue right now and I can see that out of the ~50 songs that the queue displays, 15 of them are same exact song. This needs urgent fixing. This shouldn't be happening in an album with 607 songs. It seems like the play queue only encompasses a small part of my whole song list. This does not happen in the Android app.

• The app does not recognize that you can use spotify for free on mobile now. You changed that several months ago and the Windows phone doesn't even recognize it.

• Edit: Remembered another one. If I don't pay the monthly subscription have to download ALL of my songs again, even though they are already downloaded, so they effectively take up twice as much space, as the old copies of the songs aren't deleted. For example, say I have downloaded a playlist that is 1GB. I don't pay for spotify for a few days after it expires. I go back to paying for Spotify again, and I have to download all of the same songs I downloaded before, but this time the downloaded songs take up 2GB, because all the ones I downloaded before are still there...

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I have more points, but these are the ones that need most urgent fixing.

1 Reply

Thanks for your feedback.

Suggested posts