Plan

Premium

Country USA

Device

iPhone, Desktop

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

I've been a premium member for nearly 10 years for one single reason - No ads. Now I've started hearing ads in podcasts and it's completely unacceptable. I'm SICK of being advertised at, and that goes double for services I'm paying for.

No ads means NO ADS. I won't be renewing my subscription.

4 Replies

Hey @SinSyXx, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt the music listening experience, however, some podcasts may include advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages. There’s more info about this here.

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Absolutely agree with this.  I listen to a podcast in which the hosts read ad copy (Last Podcast on the Left) and that’s fine. But now I’m getting spotify ads inserted by an external voice (not one of the hosts).  Just an annoyance that I really had not anticipated g8ven the lack of ads as a selling point of my premium subscription. 

NO. This does not help. “Sorry, this is our new policy,” is not a solution. I pay for ad-free content. Spotify is double dipping in collecting premium fees and still forcing us to listen to ads. It’s infuriating that we constantly have to be marketed to for **bleep** we don’t want. We pay for AD-FREE content and then Spotify turns around and sells those same users for ad revenue. The listening experience is poor. Injected ads at the beginning and in the middle of podcasts is garbage user experience. Between the injected ads and the read copy ads by the podcasters themselves, there are 3-6 ads in a 35 minute podcast. This is ridiculous. 

I’ll listen to podcasts elsewhere. What’s the point in paying money to Spotify for a **bleep** experience and for them to continue to make money off of me on both sides? 

Do better. 

Absolutely agree, totally disgusting from Spotify. I looking for a different service provider you should do the same.

Suggested posts