Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast Sponsorship Bug

Podcast Sponsorship Bug

Premium

Canada

Device

(Macbook Air, M1, 2020)

My Question or Issue

Navigating to a podcast, there will be an area underneath the about section, that says "sponsored by' with a row of the same gif. If you click on it, it'll take you to a page that says "Sponsored By" at the top left, and underneath, they have the name of the sponsor, a test tagline, followed by a number, and the main button on each sponsor box says test button message, followed by a number. If you click that button, it will take you to the Spotify page on your browser.

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 5.55.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 5.56.25 PM.png
9 Replies

Hi there @elena_lld,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy, 

The screen recording is attached!

Thank you!

Hi @elena_lld,

Thank you for keeping in touch!

We tried to replicate this from our side but were not able to. Could you confirm if the same happens if you access the Web Player

It's also worth running a clean reinstall of the app, which will ensure you're free of leftover files or damaged cache.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello!

I checked the web player, and I didn't find any issues, however I did try it again on another device with another spotify account (app, not web player), and it had the same issue.

I also did a clean reinstall of the app, and the sponsorship bug was still there.  

Hi @elena_lld,

Thank you for your reply. 

We'd like to investigate this further, so please share with us the Spotify app version you're running.

Also, let us know if this happens in any or specific podcasts. If you could send us links to the podcasts you're having this issue with, they will come in handy. 

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

Hi, 

I just checked my spotify again, and the issue has disappeared.  It might've been from the re-install, but after opening spotify after the re-install it was still there. It only disappeared after quitting the app and opening it again. I did check on another device and the issue was still there. I'm not exactly sure what is happening,  but the podcasts I checked were the Headgum podcast, If I Were You, and Every Little Thing. The spotify version i am currently using after the reinstall is version 1.1.76.447

Sorry for the late reply!

Hi @elena_lld,

Thank you for keeping in touch!

This issue seems rather intermittent and so far we haven't been able to replicate it from our end. 

The information you've sent us is of the device where it's working now, or the other device that displays the issue? Also, on that second have you performed any troubleshooting?

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Hi, 

my podcast shows that it is sponsored by a company when it is not. How can I update? The name of the podcast is concept well-being 

Hey @Jadebarrett,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

We suggest that you get in touch with our team at Spotify for Podcasters. These folks specialize in queries submitted to Spotify by podcasters and content creators. 

They should be able to help you more specifically with the issue you’re addressing. 

You can reach out to them here

Hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you 🙂

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts