Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast Tags with Irrelevant podcasts

Solved!

Podcast Tags with Irrelevant podcasts

Hi all!

I am having an issue on Android where podcasts are being tagged with irrelevant topics.

Take for instance an American Football podcast tag, when I listen to an American football podcast, I see mainly podcasts for this topic. However, there are a few instances where there are podcasts in the top 20 that are completely irrelevant. In this case, a podcast that is full of trap and hip hop music (released at the start of the 2020 that has nothing to do with American football) and another from The Guardian which is clearly for Football (as in Soccer).

When I reported this to Spotify support I was met with a simple shrug and told to take a look at their link in order to report it. Said link is an FAQ about what's allowed in Playlistiny, copyrighring, etc. but is not a way to report what is incorrectly labeled content (albeit one of these podcasts is using Rihanna as their cover, which is copyright infringement)

This bothers me for a few reasons.

For starters, there are numerous content creators that would love their content to be shown, but when people are allowed to skirt the system and push out their content in topics that are irrelevant, it diminishes the integrity of said system and makes it less likely for people to listen.

It also does a disservice to the many musicians who are hard working and trying to gain a following for the music, not just finding ways to penetrate the market through oversight and lack of regulation. The more eyes on something, the better, and you're simply giving people the opportunity to get free advertising in topics they have no business being in.

As a musician and podcast listener, this really bugs me. I dislike disingenuous people especially those who are finding ways (albeit through a algorithmic / computer way) to get ahead, especially when you report it and are met with *shrugs*

I hope you all are willing to fix this and actually regulate the topics in which podcasts are listed under.

Screenshot_20200127-201354.jpg
Screenshot_20200127-201414.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Here was the link support tried to send me to, which was pretty unhelpful :

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/playlists/user-generated-content-guidelines/

Coming from a customer service / hospitality background, I also dislike when companies copy-paste messages without actually reading or doing anything about it. Especially when they link you something and say you are able to do something when you aren't. 

Edit : support have gotten back to me and have seen what I articulated and said they are looking into it. THANK YOU. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Here was the link support tried to send me to, which was pretty unhelpful :

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/playlists/user-generated-content-guidelines/

Coming from a customer service / hospitality background, I also dislike when companies copy-paste messages without actually reading or doing anything about it. Especially when they link you something and say you are able to do something when you aren't. 

Edit : support have gotten back to me and have seen what I articulated and said they are looking into it. THANK YOU. 

Suggested posts