Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast disappeared

Podcast disappeared

Hi guys,

My podcast disappeared from Spotify 10 days ago. When I asked, the answer was "Spotify for Podcasters isn't intended to be used as a music distribution tool".

The podcast I upload is a program I record weekly, where I mix music live as a DJ. Not sure how I'm not complaining with the rules.

Some emails and some days after, still no answer on this questions by email... so hoping that posting here gives me some clue on what I did wrong.

Thanks

4 Replies

Hey there @alphavicen

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

The live mixes you do sound rather like a work of an artist. That's why the answer you received links to this help page, explaining how to get your music on the relevant category of Spotify. 

In case you still need help, get in touch with our team at Spotify for Artists. These folks specialize in queries submitted to Spotify by artists and content creators. They’ll be able to help you more specifically with the issue you’re addressing. You can reach out to them here.    

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Guys I'm not an artist. I don't create music.

I just pick music from other artists, mix it, and then upload it as a
podcast. Same as maaaaaaaaaaaaaaany other podcasts you already have. Still
can't understand why you think I'm an artist (damn, I'm not that good!).

Please would you reconsider this?

Guys thanks a lot for considering me an artist but I'm not. I don't create music - just mix it.

Please would you listen to my sessions to understand what I mean? Can't understand at all that you have many other podcasts EXACTLY like mine, but mine isn't valid. Doesn't make sense at all.

Thanks,

Vicente

Hi Ivan, thanks for your answer. Hope you read and reply my THIRD answer at least.

As mentioned before, I'm not an artist. I'm not creating music. I'm not doing something I can sell as original as it isn't.

I pick the songs of other artists, and mix it in a session. That's all I do. EXACTLY THE SAME as sooooooo many other podcasts in Spotify. Why can they do it, and I can't?

I don't have any clarity on why my content is considered that of an artist, and others not. I feel this is totally unfair and I think nobody has even tried to understand my point of view. I'm totally disappointed. And the last one... nobody answers me anymore. Great.

Suggested posts