Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast episode list started to behave weird

Podcast episode list started to behave weird

Plan

Premium

Device

Moto G6+

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Recently these 2 issues started and now they are constant and very annoying. Removing and reinstalling the app didn't solve the issues.

1) When scrolling through the list of episodes of podcast x or y, Spotify jumps to the top of the list randomly.

Sometimes it's like it's triggered by a timer: if you scroll slow or pause in-between, it jumps to top of list when starting to scroll again or after a certain time.

Sometimes it's like it's triggered by reaching a certain point in the list, say like 75 or 100 episodes, no matter how fast or slow scrolling through the list.

In both instances the list starts to 'shake' or slide 'non-smooth' the second before the list jumps to top.

2) Can only start play an episode with the  the small circular 'play icon' button down in the right corner of each episode on the episode list.

If I click the episode to get more info, and press the large green 'Play' button above the info text nothing happens.

The two issues combined means you can't scroll down to an episode, and if you use the search function to find the episode, you can't play it, because 'Search' will take you to the extended info display...

Anyone else with these problems? Or a solution?

Best.

1 Reply

Hey there @kanteforce,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

On another note, could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on your phone?

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts