Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast episode not displaying full date

Podcast episode not displaying full date

In the past, Spotify used to show the full release date of a podcast episode (as an example, 1 Oct 2020), but now, it only displays the month and year for any episode that wasn't released during the current year (using this example, it only shows Oct 2020). I just don't understand why this change was made. It's completely unnecessary and barely saves any space even if you wanted to simplify the episode information, and makes it more annoying if I want to reference the release date of an episode. Any chance that this will be changed back to its previous state?

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

2 Replies

Hi @tomadashi,

Thanks for posting on the Community. 

At the moment, it's only possible to see the month and year of a Podcast episode released before 2022 (or current year).

However, we see that an idea about this topic has already been suggested here. Despite its current status, it's still open for voting. Just make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments. 

Additionally, make sure to follow the content included on the Status update section.

Remember the Community is here in case you need anything else.

Cheers! 

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

AndresM, your link to other topic is not accessible for others (or at least for me). After clicking there is only warning page: "Access Denied. You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

Ad problem with date: Why would Spotify shorten the date? It's only irritating and it doesn't do anything for better accessibility or readability.

Suggested posts