Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast episodes appear out of order (2 -> 1 -> 3...)

Podcast episodes appear out of order (2 -> 1 -> 3...)

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Air 2020 (M1) - Chrome, desktop app

Operating System

MacOS 11

My Question or Issue

I produce a podcast (Lads on Tour) which is listed on Spotify. For some reason, episodes 1 & 2 are out of order - on Spotify they are listed 2 -> 1 -> 3 -> 4... This isn't the case on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or any other app. It's inconsistent on Spotify - I sometimes see it on my mobile app (on a 2020 iPhone SE) but sometimes not, but it always shows up when I view the podcast page in Google Chrome.

Episodes 1 & 2 are listed in the RSS feed as Season 1, Episode 1 and Season 1, Episode 2 respectively, though they were released simultaneously. We use PodBean for hosting and distribution. I've tried removing the Season number for each episode but this has no effect, and I can't see any other settings that could be useful.

Is there any way to fix this problem? It's confusing for new listeners (and makes it look like we don't know what we're doing!) Thanks.

1 Reply

Hi @ruaraidh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

After doing some tests, we were able to replicate the same in the Web Player. However, the desktop and mobile apps show the episodes in correct order.

In this case, in order to advise you what to do next, we'd like to know if you've also noticed the same behavior in other podcast shows or only with yours.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts