Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast episodes are removed from downloads after commercial breaks

Podcast episodes are removed from downloads after commercial breaks

Premium

Germany

Samsung M12

Android

For a while now, I've had a problem with podcasts that include commercials as a separate track (e.g. "Hobbylos" and "Nur Verheiratet".) After such a commercial break, the podcast episode is immediately marked as "listened to" and cannot be continued at the same point (so it would have to be started from the beginning). This is especially annoying in connection with the feature that listened episodes are automatically removed from the downloads. So I can hardly ever finish any episode, because after the first commercial the app thinks I'm done and removes the download.

The support via twitter could not help and told me to post this here.

1 Reply

Hey @Annabellla,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This is an odd behavior, indeed.

Could you record a video of the experience and upload it either here, if it's not big, or directly to YouTube, so we can have a clear understanding of what is going on on your end?

It is also important to cover some basic troubleshooting steps, so we can exclude the most common reasons for issues:

• You can first perform a clean reinstall of the app on your devices as described here.
  • Reproducing the issue with a different account on another devices is helpful in narrowing down on the reasons for the issue.
  • We'd also need the brand/model and operating system of the affected devices.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts