Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast not playing

Solved!

Podcast not playing

Some podcasts play normally, and some just don't play at all. I've tried everything the support page said to do but they just don't play on the app and neither on the web player.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out. What's the exact behaviour you face? Does the podcast not appear? Is it greyed out? Does it appear normally but doesn't play? Does this only affect specific podcasts? Also we have an Ongoing Issue related to this, feel free to check it out and see if it's what you're experiencing.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I have been experiencing the same. In particular, none of the Daily Wire podcasts play on my mobile device, but do play on my laptop. I am wondering if there is some legal battle going on with Spotify and Daily Wire. Like you, I have tried all of the troubleshoot recommendations and even uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app on my phone. Still experiencing the same issue of not being able to listen to Daily Wire podcasts. I noticed that the podcasts while attempting to play at the bottom of my phone have a dark red background and wonder if that means anything.

Marked as solution

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out. What's the exact behaviour you face? Does the podcast not appear? Is it greyed out? Does it appear normally but doesn't play? Does this only affect specific podcasts? Also we have an Ongoing Issue related to this, feel free to check it out and see if it's what you're experiencing.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Web player won’t play video podcasts, only plus audio. Why? Do you have to have a premium account to play videos on the web player or does Spotify want everyone to just download the app?? 
Podcast video/audio streaming with Spotify app on brand new LG TV, is very irritating and inconsistent. Video and audio will randomly stop playing during a video podcast. No bottoms can be clicked, back button doesn’t work, it forces me to quit the app and restart it at 3-4 times during one podcast. 
Also when I open Spotify app on my LG TV I can cast from my iphone app, but I can’t play same podcast on mobile app and TV app at the same time. 

Good morning! I am having the same issue but it is only with a certain podcast. It shows up like normal and when I hit play nothing happens. If I slide down the notifications bar the padcast shows as loading. Thank you for your help

Ich habe das gleiche Problem, allerdings auf meinem Android Gerät (Google Pixel 7Pro). Eine Vollständige Neuinstallation, sowie ein abmelden von allen Geräten, hat nicht zum Beheben des Problems geführt. Fehleingaben über das Display gibts auch nicht. Überraschender weiße tritt das Problem ausschließlich bei Podcasts auf und nicht bei der Wiedergabe von Musik. Bin langsam ehrlich gesagt am Verzweifeln. Meine Spotify Version ist die 8.8.96.364. 

Suggested posts