Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Podcast on ps4

[Podcasts] Podcast on ps4

I want to listen to a podcast through my playstation 4 but every episode says Spotify can't play this right now. It works fine on my phone and other podcasts work as far as I can tell. The show is The Blues Kitchen Radio. 

7 Replies

Hey @Aarong99,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

Could we ask you for a bit more details so we can investigate this further together. Do we correctly understand that you have issues only with the particular podcast that you've mentioned? Can you listen to other shows via Spotify through your PS4 console?  It would be very helpful if you send us screenshots of the error messages or a short screen recording of the whole experience.  Also, can you inform us about the exact versions of the Spotify apps you have installed?

In the meantime you can also try log in and log out two times in a row from your Spotify apps, this will trigger a resynchronization between your account and the apps, which might resolve possible issues related to cached data.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I used to be able to listen to podcasts by casting it from my phone or iPad to my ps4. Now, I can no longer listen to podcasts on my ps4 or my smart tv. It’s really frustrating. 

Hey there @StarKiller34829

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, could you let us know if you're using the Connect feature to cast from your phone and iPad? 

Also, could you let us know if your smart TV and your PS4 have the app installed? If so, we'd like to know if you can listen to the podcasts directly from them. 

Lastly, is this only happening with a specific podcast or with all of them? 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Can listen to podcasts of any kind on PS4. Tried logging into browser and using web player. Tried Spotify app on play store.

Everything works on PC and cell phone. I'm a premium user, and it's frustrating that I don't have equal access across platforms.

Hey there @Vaultgirl27

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

On another note, we'd like to know if your smart TV and your PS4 have the app installed. If so, are you able to listen to the podcasts directly from them?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey @Eni ,

I also have this issue when trying to listen to podcasts on my PS5. I have the spotify app downloaded on my PS5 and music works with no issues. When I select a podcast whether on my phone or in the PS5 app, it will not let me listen to the podcast. It will just start skipping then will randomly play a completely unrelated podcast. When I am not connected to the PS and I am just listening on my phone or computer podcasts have no issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey @34c8ubihf67hb68z3kw3,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please send us links to the podcasts that won't play on your PS5 so we can investigate further?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts