Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Spotify's Podcast censorship policies

[Podcasts] Spotify's Podcast censorship policies

I would like to know what specific and not just vague or meaningless generalizations can be offered to explain why Spotify deems one podcast as acceptable and another as unacceptable. Any podcast content that beaks existing state or federal laws, such at inciting violence or child exploitation would be obvious, but who specifically, or which group specifically, gets to judge content as acceptable or not? Truly, if a particular podcast has issues with it's content that rise above petty partisan beliefs, then you really have an obligation to make your case. If you did, I may agree with you, but as it stands, I am definitely questioning the wisdom of continuing my Premium Subscription if you are going to arbitrarily cancel voices of decent and reason.  Please do reply and don't just pretend that this is not a significant issue with media platforms these days. You may well force those you deem as deplorables into the hands of truly radical options. Cheers 

1 Reply

Hi @RedPilledinOregon,

Thanks for sharing your idea and feedback with the Community.

We've moved your post to the Helpboards, as it is not a particular app feature request.

For more detailed information on the Content Prohibition policies of the Spotify platform please refer to this Article.

Hope you find this information helpful. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts