Announcements

Privacy on the Web Player

Solved!

Privacy on the Web Player

David_27

When using the web, I can't find the settings for "private session" or to choose if we want our followers to be able to see what we are listening to. So, when we listen a song in the Web Player, does it appear in the newsfeed of the desktop client?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Eni

Hey @David_27,

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

Currently, the private session isn't available in the web player. 

However, you can open the app on either a mobile device or a PC (desktop app) and in Settings > Social > Share my listening activity on Spotify toggle this option off. When you open the web player later, it won't show what you're listening to. 

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Eni

Hey @David_27,

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

Currently, the private session isn't available in the web player. 

However, you can open the app on either a mobile device or a PC (desktop app) and in Settings > Social > Share my listening activity on Spotify toggle this option off. When you open the web player later, it won't show what you're listening to. 

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

iamnotgroot

Hiding activity is only half of the missing functionality.  This issue is not resolved because there's no way to prevent the web player from updating your listening activity and changing your algorithm.  This makes listening to Discover Weekly or Release Radar, or anything else 'new or different' impossible from the web player without it making unwanted changes to your suggestions.

Suggested posts

Env: prod