Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problematic Web player on Firefox

Solved!

Problematic Web player on Firefox

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

MacBook Air, late 2015

Operating System

OS X Yosemite

My Question or Issue

In the past few days, the Web player (open.spotify.com) that I always use to stream my music has been acting rather problematic. Whenever I try to refresh the page, instead of refreshing properly, the phenomenon the below screenshot shows occurs. The only way to get the web player to work again is by restarting the browser, which is very annoying, but even then, it might take a few attempts.

Schermata 2020-05-10 alle 14.11.30.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello,

I understand that it is not practical to use private browsing. You can clear your cache and tell us how it went.

Have a nice evening.

Twidyze

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hello,

Is the problem the same from another browser?

You can use Spotify with the App? Or the problem is the same?

Now, you can carry out the manipulations recommended in this article: Can't play Spotify .

Don't hesitate to tell us how it went.

Have a good day.

Twidyze

[Spotify Communities]

Hey there @krajemvijeka and @Twidyze

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

As a first step we'd suggest opening the web player in a private/incognito window. This makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache.

If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser as @Twidyze suggested. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

It does work in a private window, but that's hella inconvenient for me. Should I clear my browser's cache to make it work in normal mode again?
Marked as solution

Hello,

I understand that it is not practical to use private browsing. You can clear your cache and tell us how it went.

Have a nice evening.

Twidyze

It seems to have worked amazingly, thanks a lot!

That's very good news!

Do not hesitate to come back to us if necessary 🙂

Suggested posts