Country

Germany

Device

Lenovo ThinkPad T460s

Operating System

Windows 10 with Chrome

My Question or Issue

Hallo zusammen,

aktuell habe ich Probleme mit dem Webplayer. Ich kann kein einziges Lied abspielen. 

Maßnahmen zur Fehlerbehebung die ich durchgeführt habe sind:

• Flash-Player aktualisiert
  • Andere Browser (Dort funktionierte der Webplayer allerdings nicht, da diese zu alt sind und wir im Unternehmen diese nicht aktualisieren)
  • Alle Einstellungen, welche in den Spotify Hilfe Artikeln angegeben werden überprüft und aktiviert
  • Die Desktop App probiert zu nutzen (Klappt nicht, da die nicht am Proxy vorbeikommt)
  • Der Tipp mit dem schnellen Klicken und Refreshen lief auch nicht

Interessanterweise wird mir auch nicht ein anderes Gerät angezeigt, wie z.B. mein Smartphone, wenn ich auf dem dann was abspiele...

Bei einem Kollegen mit gleicher Konfiguration funktioniert allerdings Spotify in Chrome...

Ich bin jetzt echt überfragt und freue mich auf jede Hilfe. Wenn ihr weitere Informationen benötigt um mir zu helfen, zögert nicht danach zu fragen

Gruß

Lukas

3 Replies

Hey @Horror_LP, help's arrived. 

Hope you don't mind us replying in English. Sounds like you're using the Web Player from an office. We suggest that you get in touch with your IT department if you have one to check that everything looks fine. 

Make sure the firewall doesn't block anything Spotify-related, double-check that your browser is up-to-date, and try opening the Web Player in an incognito window.

Let us know how it goes!

Hey Jemi,

no problem, as I speak English also fluently. As you mentioned, I try to access the Web Player from the Office. AND I am in the IT Department. Spotify isn't blocked on any of our Firewalls, etc. 

Browser Chrome is up to date and I tried opening it in an icognito window. Other browser won't work. Firefox is due to application support still outdatet, IE11 says, it can't handle it and Edge can't open any page. It starts for opening pages the IE, which won't work with Spotify

As I said, for several colleagues in my team it works just fine... 

Currently I am left somewhat clue-less

Hey @Horror_LP.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's possible that something is up with your account. Would you mind creating a new account to see if that solves the issue?

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your old username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts