Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems logging on Spotify on WDTV

Solved!

Problems logging on Spotify on WDTV

Hi!

I'm having trouble with logging into my account on my WDTV.  I have enteret my username (all the numbers), and the password, that I have set for the device. When I click "login" it says: "Sign In Failed:

Spotify Premium is required for this device. Please purchase a Premium subscription at www. spotify.com".

I have checked my account on spotify.com, and it says, that I have en premium account.

I have already tried to reset the password for the device, but it is stil not working.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for updating. Really disappointed but at least now we know. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I have the same issue. It worked a few months agod. Today I tried to login in using the device username and password but I keep getting the "spotify premium account needed" which I already have. Very frustrating. 

I have same problem in WDTV... I m using spotify premium on WDTV for a long time.. I didnt use last two weeks. After that I saw message "spotify premium is required for this devices. Please purcase........"

I can not find any solution and phone line for support.

Please help....

I am having the same issue and I just tried to troubleshoot through Spotify. They told me I needed to contact Western Digital. Still no solutions.

Same for me today !!!! Any hint ???

Same thing 😞

I've contacted the support but no clear answer...

20170628_184210.jpg

Same problem here since July 1. I have sent Western Digital an email. Hopefully they will respond. I have also called my provider XS4ALL. They said I should call Spotify.

I've got an answer from Western Digital. Unfortunately they can't help me:

"I understand that you were not able to spotify on my WD TV Live player ,As spotify is a third party app so for any trouble shooting I suggest you to please contact spotify support. "

Welp. Apparently, Western Digital is no longer supported. Canceling my premium. Thanks for giving it a shot. As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, we are removing the app from Western Digital TVs. There's more info here: https://t.co/mnDDw3aspp. On the other hand, if your Western Digital box is connected via WiFi, you can control it remotely from your mobile device via Spotify Connect: https://t.co/vN3juQs9QE. Hope this helps /KB
Marked as solution

Thanks for updating. Really disappointed but at least now we know. 

Suggested posts