Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems to sync Spotify to Amazon Echo

Solved!

Problems to sync Spotify to Amazon Echo

Hi, guys, just bought Amazon Echo but so frustrating that I couldnt link it to my Spotify account. I live in Mexico and have Spotify PRemium. I've tried from Alexa app iphone and also on macbook air and there is no way that Spotify option is available. I can see it but its disabled to click as you can see in image below. Anyone?

IMG_4005.PNG
32 Replies

Thank you so much. This solved my problem. 🙂

I followed your advice and got to content and devices (no word "manage") but there was nothing at all about spotify. 

Followed our advice but there is nothing at all about spotify.

Wait, where is the digital content tab?

Worked!

My Spotify although linked, was no longer available on Echo Dot. I went to Amazon Alexa app. Recieved a  503 Service Unavailable error. Ugh. Checked the posts. Some said to go to Amazon Account via web browser. Then go to Digital content and devices, then Content and devices, then Settings. The other post said to change country to US but.... I was already in US in settings.... OK. Went to change settings and it was US but mostly blank on other fields. Filled out other fields like Address,State, etc.

Saved and checked to link Spotify. Bingo! Worked. 🙂 Hope this works for you.

I really enjoy the Echo Dot. I find though the Customer Service for Amazon has much to be desired. 

I live in the Philippines and I was informed the Spotify is not a problem for ECHO.

I bought several ECHO SPOT and ECHO... and realized none of them can be synced with SPOTIFY.

It even said in the box ...SPOTIFY..

I think this should be addressed...

IMG_5136.JPG

From what I have read from other people outside the UK and US, the
possible fix is to change settings in your Amazon Account via web browser.
Go to Digital content and devices, then Content and devices, then Settings.
The other post said to change country to US. You can fill out any address
in the US if it still has issues in that area. Just don't change your
delivery address which is separate and altogether something different. Hope
this helps. 🙂

I live in Brazil

and have Spotify Premium but can’t connect to Amazon Echo. The option Spotify can’t be selected. Where do I make changes in Amazon account? Didn’t find digital content 

thanks

When you go to amazon web page, login in and on the right hand top side of the page go to accounts and lists. A menu will pop up when you put your mouse there. On the second column click your account. Under Digital Content and Devices column click content and devices. In that page click Settings. It is the last of the three tabs on the page. Then go to country settings and fill the information to United States and an any address in the US. Hope this helps. 

Best

Thanks a lot! You saved my life because you made me check Amazon account. I’ll add something here just to help others: I already had a US Amazon account, but it was all about updating payment method.
Tks again!

Glad to help! 🙂

Well it's now a year later and the problem still exists. I've paid for a premium account purely so that I can use it on Alexa and to what avail. Hopefully your Technical Team will “soon” find a solution. Wonder how much longer a “little longer” is !!

Suggested posts