Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with Samsung multiroom playback

Solved!

Problems with Samsung multiroom playback

I am having a lot of problems with playback via the samsung multiroom speakers (wam751 and wam 250), the music is interrupted many many times, almost like there is some buffering problem, yet I can get playback from other services on the same network

The speakers are on 2006.6 firmware

http://news.spotify.com/us/2014/06/16/new-samsung-wireless-audio-multi-room-speakers-the-first-multi...

94 Replies

I have the latest version of both apps and a premium account, the two speakers I am using show in the Spotify connect menu when I select one it says connecting and then doesn't!!! This is not only frustrating but the issue I find more infuriating than any other is the lack of professional support from Spotify!
Marked as solution

@Craigrabbetts Try restarting all your devices. I had the same issue over the holidays and this helped. 

@Rorey
Spotify Version: 4.8.0.1085
Device: iPhone 6S+, Windows 10 PC
Firmware version: WAM350WWB-3021.2/80R
Steps to reproduce: Play any song while connected to WIFI through Spotify connect
Solutions tried: I've tried updating everything, restarting everything, unplugging everything, tried different devices, isolating devices, with and without hub etc. I've even switches my wifi to a 5GHZ frequency, thinking it might be interfering with the 2.4GHZ of the speaker(s).
What works: DISABLING Wifi on my phone. This sounds insane but it's the ONLY thing that works. I'm guessing somehow my Spotify account connects from my wireless phone service, to the interwebs, into my home internet connection, then to the speakers. HELP!

@Rorey
Spotify Version: 4.8.0.1085
Device: iPhone 6S+, Windows 10 PC
Firmware version: WAM350WWB-3021.2/80R
Steps to reproduce: Play any song while connected to WIFI through Spotify connect
Solutions tried: I've tried updating everything, restarting everything, unplugging everything, tried different devices, isolating devices, with and without hub etc. I've even switches my wifi to a 5GHZ frequency, thinking it might be interfering with the 2.4GHZ of the speaker(s).
What works: DISABLING Wifi on my phone. This sounds insane but it's the ONLY thing that works. I'm guessing somehow my Spotify account connects from my wireless phone service, to the interwebs, into my home internet connection, then to the speakers. HELP!

I had a similar issue with a similar setup. Spotify would not see Multiroom.

• iPhone 6s; iOS 9.3.2
  • Samsung Soundbar
  • Samsung M5

I had to turn off cellular, not wifi, in order to get Spotify to see Multiroom. Once connected it seems to be working through restarts/reconnections.

Is there any update on this issue? The solution offered does not work (rebooting)

Even nowadays I have a lot of Spotify issues. The service is very unstable with moments of multiple hickups and the next moment it works flawless again.

Other services than Spotify have zero problems, like TuneIn and Deezer.

It doesn't matter if I play in a group, only the speaker connected though Ethernet, or whatsoever. I don't have the possibility to test individual speakers with Spotify, because I only have an premium account for 1 person.

Ik have the following setup:

2 WAM550 connected through wifi

1 WAM550 connected though ethernet

1 WAM350 connected through wifi

1 WAM 250 hub which is forced on 5GHZ. (Also tried auto and 2.4GHZ only)

The speaker software versions are WAM550WWB-3106.8 / 86R and WAM350WWB-3106.8 / 86R.

The Multiroom app software on Nexus 6P (Android 7.0) is 4.0.33.

Experiencing the same sort of issues:

Randomly my multiroom speakers will mute throughout the day/night.

Does not happen with Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn etc...

My devices are all patched to the lastest os/firmware so we can rule that out.

I have narrowed it down to having my Samsung S7 connected to the same WiFi network  (homenetwork) as my multi-room setup.  When the phone is not on the WIFI (using mobile data only) there is no issue.

Running spotify connect from any number of my Windows/Mac machines while my (hint hint) *Android* based phone is disconnected does not causethe same muting issue. (Maybe a great place to start looking for the root of the cause would be in the Android app's code base)

Furthermore, taking into consideration that spotify connect has the ability to control the volume from the Spotifyh App, I would assume that some event during the lifecyucle of the application is causing it to mute the system.

And hey, sorry but the previously stated non-answer/suggestion of restarting your devices is useless.  There is clearly a bug in your app, should not be hard for a QA tester to replicate as there are numerous people reporting the same sort of buggy behavior.  

Like many others my spotify sub is paid for (like many others), I have been a loyal paid user for years, I have my entire family set up with a sub and even gifted a subscription to a friend.  I would greatly appreciate a solution to this problem

This is a ongoing problem with me, I have not been able to connect my R1 Speakers to spotify, I have reset everything, changed if they are connected to my 5ghz or 2.4. Uninstalled both apps, tried other devices and nothing is working.

I have made sure every device is up to date and the apps as well

Add another one to the list. I've been using Spotify Connect throughout my home for months with no issues. Then a few days ago it started stuttering (as though it was a buffering issue). Now it just cuts out after 20 seconds.

My setup consists of several WAM750WWB speakers, all ith latest firmware (3112). The same issue occurs on all speakers, whether grouped or playing individually. I can use any other input source without issue.

For Spotify Connect it cuts out whether I queue up music and select the device from a phone (Samsung note 5 and Samsung S8+) or from a computer.

We've tried resetting the speakers, reinstalling the apps, resetting the router to factory etc. There's no change and this is getting really frustrating.
I'd really like to get this sorted asap.

same issues - multiple speakers - all samsung, most wired via ethernet 2 on wifi - its like playing a scratched cd!!   all the latest firmware - good high end netgear router.  Streams fine directly to the phone or to home theatre netwrok reciever!!!

I have 3x Samsung M3 speakers and when using them with Spotify they randomly mute. It's always done it since I've had them.

I've got the same problem, since 2 years, with my 2xM5, 1xM3 and 1x soundbar Hw750. It's been awfull!!!
The previous version on Android solved à little bit the problem, but the last version randomly mute the speakers every 10-30min... Same thing with iOS app!!!
Other streaming actors like qobuz or Deezer don't have this problem... A shame for Spotify, please take contact with Samsung to resolve that!
Best regards.

Same issue for me.

Two R1, unoe M5 and a Soundbar hwms650.

Resetting the devices helps only temporanely.

It seems to be more frequent on M5 than soundbar or M1...(perhaps because I use more my M5 in solo or on group mode!)
But only with spotify, that is a fact...

Big shame, for two Big Firms (Samsung//Spotify)

For me is more frequent on the soundbar. And yes only spotify..... 😮

Very similar problem. Start listening to Spotify connect on wifi through Samsung HW-MS650 Soundbar. After around 5 minutes it randomly cuts out/stops playing. Happens from both iPhone SE and iPad. Very frustrating! Be very grateful for a solution.

Fat chance. It seems Spotify think those of us that use multiroom aren't a serious enough customer base to actually help.

It seems this may have something to do with when the phone kills the background spotify process (I'm on android 8.0, pixel XL) - it's like the last thing Spotify does when listening on the network is send an emergency stop signal to the device you're listening through (doesn't apply if the device has its own interface, i.e. pc or smart TV)

Does IOS has the same killing procces ???
I've both symptoms on Android 7.1.1 and IOS 10.
Is there an option to diasable the killing process on Android or Ios to spotify only?
Best Regards.

Suggested posts