Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Protected content on chromebook turned on but still not working

Solved!

Protected content on chromebook turned on but still not working

I use Web Player and each time i get on it comes up an error saying, "Enable secure playback in your browser". I allowed protected content in Settings and it still doesn't work. I noticed if I'm not signed in, it works. This problem has been going on too long and I need help.

Screenshot 2019-10-19 at 15.55.11.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had this issue and fixed by switching my Build Channel back to Stable. I was on the Dev Channel which seems to be having DRM problems with Spotify right now.

Go to Settings > About ChromeOS > Detailed Build Information > Change Channel to Stable. This requires a Powerwash, so make sure to back up local data.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Having this same issue. Spotify Web Player gives me this error-- the Google Play app works fine.

Web player also seems to work if I'm not logged in.

Protected content is enabled. Asus chromebook. USA. Chrome build 79.0.3940.0 . Help please!!

PS: Web Player works fine in Chrome on my Windows machine. Seems like a Chromebook issue.

Marked as solution

I had this issue and fixed by switching my Build Channel back to Stable. I was on the Dev Channel which seems to be having DRM problems with Spotify right now.

Go to Settings > About ChromeOS > Detailed Build Information > Change Channel to Stable. This requires a Powerwash, so make sure to back up local data.

I followed these instructions, and Spotify still won't play on my Chromebook. Please advise.

Then Why?

Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 12.30.32.png

Suggested posts