Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue Keeps Disappearing

Queue Keeps Disappearing

I am using Spotify to queue up some podcasts while I run or drive. I might queue up 3 or 4, but whenever an episode finishes the next one doesn’t play, when I check the queue it’s all gone. Happening consistently for a couple of days now. I am using on an iPhone in Australia and have already tried log in/out, app reinstall, clearing the cache, using different devices Etc. Can anybody help?

9 Replies

Hey @Sandman_51,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know if this is happening only with podcast episodes?

Also, can you check if the duration bar stays at 00:00 when an episode finishes or does it keep running without sound.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m having the same issue. It does the same thing for podcasts and music if playing from the queue. When the podcast or song ends the play window completely ends and the queue is wiped out. The runtime does not continue. I then have to add all my podcasts back to the queue

Hi there @NinerFaithful,

Thanks for the reply. 

Can you let us know the make, model and OS version of your device, as well as the exact version of your Spotify. This will help us investigate further 🙂

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator

Hello,

I am using an iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 14.6. My Spotify is version

Thanks,
Travis

Hey @NinerFaithful,

Thanks for the info.

We've passed this on to the team investigating this issue 🙂

We'll let you know here as soon as we know more.

AlexModerator

I had the same problem where whatever I had queued would be wiped when the song ended and it would sit not playing anything. This problem was on both my computer and my android phone. The solution I found was to turn off the "Automix" play a song so that it switches, then turn it back on.

I will spend hours finding songs, building up a queue, re-arranging the songs so it's a consistent mix instead of 6 songs in a row of the same artist... Only for my queue to disappear. Sometimes the recently played list disappears along with the queue. THIS IS A CONSTANT ISSUE. It's so frustrating, makes me wanna quit Spotify. How has this issue not been fixed?

So.....any answer on this??  To me it's happening online with the latest Google Chrome, and a few previous version also.  This browser is supposed to be the Standard for ANY online platform, meaning if you don't get things to work on THIS browser, you have issues. 

I recently sifted through one of my fave podcasts of 1900+ episodes, and added about 100 to my queue.  It's PAINSTAKING since it takes time to load the episode descriptions as you scroll down.  

Also, I don't logout of my account, and don't even close my browser tabs or windows.  

The next day, POOF, they are gone, and an hour of time spent scrolling thru 1900 episodes is lost, not to mention that I have a life and expect a queue to work as it is intended to.  Otherwise REMOVE the feature, because you are making huge inconveniences for people.

Get it together, Spotify.

What is your "investigation" team doing??? Cause we are waiting and people are clearly talking about this and you can see by just Googling this issue.  

Also it's across all platforms at this point, as you can see.  

You have so many office, 43 across the globe, thousands of employees, hundreds of engineers.

You mean to tell us not ONE single person has made due diligence and solve this seemingly easy to solve issue?? 

I'd solve it, but A I don't have access to your backend since I don't work there, and B you can't afford me anyways.

WE NEED AN UPDATE AND A REAL ONE PLEASE.

Still waiting on that reply huh? It's been almost a year and a half... I have the same issue

Suggested posts