Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue goes to top the playlist when removing a song while playing using Connect

Queue goes to top the playlist when removing a song while playing using Connect

Hi, first post here,

premium user on Android + Windows.

This may seem very specific so I couldn't find anything on it, but it is so so annoying and important, I'm sure many people suffer from it.

When I play a playlist on one device (my living room PC for exmaple) and remove a song from the playlist currently playing using anohter device (phone or my laptop), the queue goes to the top of that playlist.

This is extremely annoying as I have long playlists with all my "discovery" playlist that I slowly sort out into other playlists or delete. This problem makes it an absolut nightmair...

Please fix this Spotify! and if anyone has a workaround, do share it with me.

Thanks!

3 Replies

Hey @Nmbr6,

Still having this issue? There's another thread that might be related to what you're explaining.

If that doesn't help, get back with some more details about what's going on. We didn't quite get what you meant by the queue going to the top of that playlist. Could you send us a screenshot?

Thanks! 🙂

Thank you for your reply @Jemi,

I'm afraid I didn't explain the problem well enough... I'll try and explain better.

Let's say I'm playing the 7th treack on a playlist using connect on my PC.

If I go to the next song, it will play the 8th track, then 9th and so on (perfect).

But if while I'm playing the 7th track I'll use my phone to delete anohter track form that playlist (say, the 6th track), the next track to play would be the 1st of that playlist (then second, and so on).

So basically, every time I delete a tack, the queue will go to the top of the playlist.

Hope that makes things more clear...

Thanks!

Hey @Nmbr6,

Thanks for carifying 🙂

We're getting several reports about the queue not working with and without the Connect feature. This is currently being investigated and we're trying to find a solution as quickly as possible. 

You can check out this thread, add a vote and a comment with the relevant info, and you'll get notified about the status of this. It might not be the exact same issue, but very similar, and we think it'll solve the one you're having as soon as we can provide a solution.

Hope that helps!

Suggested posts