Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

Joe Rogan episodes will not play. It says, 'Playback failed. We're unable to play this video in your current location.' This is only for Rogan episodes. Everything else works.

ALSO, IN TRYING TO POST THIS, I KEPT GETTING ERRORS FOR UNFILLED INFORMATION LIKE HAVING TO HAVE A LABEL. ONCE THE ERRORS WERE FIXED, IT SAID 'POST FLOODING DETECTED' AND WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO POST. I JUST WANT MY QUESTION ANSWERED AND THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN A SERIOUS PAIN IN THE A**.

28 Replies

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

Can you try to log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

No I can’t use someone else’s account.
Like I said my account will play the episodes from other devices

Hey @angryyelpguy,

Thanks for your post.

Since the podcasts play with the same account and on the same network on some of your devices, but not on others, this points to the issue most likely originating in the device set-up. You already mentioned that VPN is disconnected, we appreciate that as Spotify doesn't support VPN and issues with it are expected behavior.

We'd appreciate it if you share the make, model, OS version and Spotify version of all devices you're having issues playing JRE episodes on. That way we can get to the bottom of this quicker. 

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I totally share the sentiment of @angryyelpguy,

For me, JRE used to be regular daily business for years. Similarly, I use Spotitfy daily for years and years. All this used to work fine while using my good old VPN.

But ever since I have to listen to JRE through Spotify, this is the only podcast that will not connect as long as I have the VPN connected. If I disconnect, start to play an episode, and then connect the VPN, everything is fine.

What is this? It gives the eery feeling that Spotify feels the need to track me more than I want (without VPN) and otherwise will not let me listen to my favority podcast.

Similarly to @angryyelpguy, this behaviour has decimated my listening to this podcast. Is this really what Spotify wants? I can hardly believe this... It is bad enough by itself that your podcast player is by far not as pleasant and smart as my favority podcast player, but to even make it more difficult to get connected sounds like ridiculous.

Kind regards,

Robert

Hello @MadHatley, as everyone that is facing this issue.

After the last Spotify app update - 3 days ago - on my Android device that I could not play Joe Rogan's podcast episodes. Neither audio or video.

Tried an alternative way by playing it via spotify web player and application by using laptop. The issue persists.

The following workaround successfully solved the issue:

1. Open the application
  2. Settings
  3. Scroll to Explicit Content
  4. Allow Explicit Content - in case that is already enabled, turn it OFF and then ON again
  5. Restart the application

Don't worry. I already stopped watching the show.

I'm from Russia. I see this...

igornova_0-1627751219026.png

having the same problem on a windows 10 desktop just did a clean windows install and when i installed spotify first time it couldn't play anything so after removing %appdata% roaming & local map, reinstalling spotify this still didn't work so i deleted the folders once again after uninstall and restarting the desktop and another install the music started working but now i am still unable to watch anything that has video's inside doesn't show anything when i open an episode see screenshot. hope someone found a fix. (ps am from the netherlands and was always able to watch the podcast.)

jre.png

Hey @kriskrasm,

Thanks for your post.

Could you confirm that you've tested the steps @jpsmf posted above? It'd be great if you could let us know where you downloaded the Spotify app from: was it from the Microsoft Store or directly from our website?

You can try disabling your Firewall and reopening the Spotify app to see if you can play the podcast then? If it works, you can add Spotify as an exception to your Firewall. Check also if disabling the Hardware acceleration does anything for you. To disable it:

1. Open the Spotify app, click on your profile and choose Settings.
  2. Click on Show advanced settings and under Compatibility, turn off Hardware acceleration.

Keep us in the loop.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts