Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re-connecting podcast to Spotify

Re-connecting podcast to Spotify

Hi, i have a podcast channel through Podbean which is (was) connected to Spotify.

We have 50 episodes (about 500-1k downloads per episode), of which nearly all posted to Spotify.

Recently a colleague of mine uploaded the episodes in audio formats which were not mp3 and so those episodes did not load to Spotify.

I only realised today Spotify doesn't support mp3 format.

So i disconnected Spotify from the Podbean account.

Now when i try to re-connect it, it just says files must be in mp3 format and it won't let me connect spotify with podbean at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ciaran

3 Replies

Hi @deely1,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

If you're still getting an error message, could you make sure that on your Podbean account there aren't any remaining non-mp3 files that may be causing the error? 

These steps may come in handy in case you have any doubt about the podcast submission.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd recommend following the steps provided here to reach out to the right team.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi MafeG

Thank you for that.

Some of my previous episodes are not in mp3 format on Podbean.

I wont be able to take them out and upload different file format, as we would then lose that episode and the downloads it already has made (is that correct)?

Thanks

Ciaran

Hi @deely1,

Thank you for your swift reply!

Currently only ISO/IEC 11172-3 MPEG-1 Part 3 (MP3) audio files with bit rates between 96 and 320 Kbps are supported, (more info about this here). So any files that don't comply with these specifications may be causing the issue. 

About the previous episodes, according to this FAQ published by Podbean, you should be able to replace the audio file with the steps they provide. All changes made to your hosting feed will be reflected automatically on Spotify. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts