Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently added track not showing up in search

Recently added track not showing up in search

Good day,

I hope my question is relevant on this help desk. I recently uploaded a song to Spotify that has at the moment around 100 listens in total. Whenever I search for the title of the track it does however not show up in the search results. If I on the other hand search for the artist of the song, it shows up.

Is the Spotify algorithm built up in that way that songs that have very few listens not show up at all in the search results until a specific amount of users have listened to it ?

I have noticed that other songs that are not well recognized (have few plays) show up when I do a search for them on Spotify.

The title of the track I uploaded is called "50/50" so I am wondering if it's because there are multiple other tracks called the same on Spotify it might not just show up at all ? Is there any way that we could somehow make it more visible in the search results ?

Best,
Smari

1 Reply

Hey there! 

Every question is relevant for us. 

Search results are based on popularity - the more plays and followers you have as an Artist, the higher up you will appear in ‘Search.’ The same will happen with your songs. 

You can always find more info at https://www.spotifyartists.com/faq. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Keep on rocking 🙂

Suggested posts