Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently played for podcasts

Solved!

Recently played for podcasts

There currently is no option for seeing recently played podcasts on the android app. Frickin podcasts. No way of going back to them.

I see similar requests where closed in the past, supposedly because it's already available, but it's not. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

My podcast history is suddenly showing today. 🤷‍♀️

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @solomonwolf,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like to add some insights. You should be able to find the podcasts you recently played with the Listening history icon AlejaR_1-1684335462634.png that you can find at the top right of your home screen. You can read more about that feature here.

You can also find some very recent podcast shows you've listened to at the top of the home screen, in the Good Morning section:

AlejaR_0-1684335305530.png

So, if you're having trouble finding your listening history and the podcasts you've played, please let us know. You can send us the make/model and OS of the affected device, along with the Spotify version you're running there.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I’m having an adjacent issue. I’m on iPhone, and up until a few days ago my recently played podcasts did show up in my recent history, but now no podcasts show up at all. I primarily use Spotify for podcasts and suddenly not having this functionality is really disruptive. As someone who listens to multiple podcasts with hundreds of episodes each, this really is a necessary feature. is this something that is just happening to me? or was this an intentional update?

Hey @jaunepoi,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. 

Could you try to log out > restart your phone > log back in to see if that makes any difference for you?

In case the issue persists, would you mind asking a friend or a family member to log in on your device and test this out to see if they'll experience the same?

On another note, is the whole listening history missing for you or just the podcasts that you've recently played? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator

Hi, thanks for the reply. I didn’t have anyone around that had a spotify account to test on my phone unfortunately, but I’ve tried the rest of your ideas as well as deleting the app and reinstalling it. I also checked on my iPad and the issue is the same there as well. The rest of my history does show up correctly, the podcast content is all that is missing. 

I'm having the exact same issue. It's very frustrating. I can see my music history but podcast history is gone. Currently My history shows that the last time I listened to a podcast was on may 10th. I can assure you that I've listened to nearly 100 since then. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Colombia

Operating System

(Android and Windows 11)

My Question or Issue

How do I get access to a list of the songs or podcasts I have listened to, sorted by date/time?

Usually the button recent is far away from what I looking for. If you compare with features like those offered by youtube you can scroll a large part of your history and get access to exactly the item that you are looking for,  without starting a completely new search. Here on Spotify, I just can see an artificial set of suggestions based on artists, groups, or musical genders that I listened to months ago but not exactly the songs that I listened to just a few minutes ago.

I do see the recently played option, but it only includes music, not any podcasts

Marked as solution

My podcast history is suddenly showing today. 🤷‍♀️

Same here. They must have fixed it

same!! must have been a spotify error. 

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and the information you've submitter regarding this issue.

We had passed all your feedback on to the technical teams at Spotify and they've located what has caused this issue and have issued a fix. Please update your app to the latest available version and check if the Recently Played sorting option is back.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts