Redesign has lost radio functionality

Solved!

Redesign has lost radio functionality

batz900
Casual Listener

With the redesigned web player there's no way to start a radio.  The list on the left is now [Search, Browse, Your Music].  Even when clicking the \vdots of a song there's no option to start a radio.

How do u do radio stations in the redesign?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Swanny
Community Legend
That's disappointing, I thought that had worked at one stage. Unfortunately it looks like an A/B test that Spotify is running at the moment. Workaround is you should be able to use Spotify Connect to connect to the Web Player (which I believe is possible).

Give that a shot and see how it goes!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Swanny
Community Legend
Hey @batz900, I don't have the redesign so I can't test for myself, but does it work if you go to https://play.spotify.com/radio directly?

batz900
Casual Listener
With the redesign that just gives: Sorry, couldn't find that. Returning a 404.
Solution!

Swanny
Community Legend
That's disappointing, I thought that had worked at one stage. Unfortunately it looks like an A/B test that Spotify is running at the moment. Workaround is you should be able to use Spotify Connect to connect to the Web Player (which I believe is possible).

Give that a shot and see how it goes!

View solution in original post

batz900
Casual Listener
That worked for me. Good news is the start radio is now back within the menu for a given song (though it's lost the thumbs up/thumbs down). Thank you very much!
SUGGESTED POSTS