Country

UK

Device

Laptop, Phone

Operating System

Windows 11, Android

My Question or Issue

Hi

I am writing an academic essay in which I refer to a Spotify playlist I created with a shortlist of songs on. 

None of the songs are mine, but I collated them and put them into the playlist which is controlled and authored by myself only. 

Does this need referencing as the playlist is under the control of Spotify and none of the songs are mine? What is the Harvard structure of referencing it, if necessary?

Are there any articles / links I could look at?

Thanks for looking at my incredibly niche question. 

1 Reply

Hey @harryr-p,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to add some insights. We've located this guide, in which you can find out how to reference music on streaming services or subscription services. 

Nevertheless, we'd recommend verifying this scenario with your institution, as they can help you check how you should handle that kind of scenario (referencing guidelines may vary between institutions).

On another note, keep in mind that you can share your playlists, always following our Terms and Conditions and Playlist Guidelines.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts