Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Releasing songs both as a band and solo artists at the same time?

Releasing songs both as a band and solo artists at the same time?

Hello. 

I am already a solo artist on Spotify, and I want to participate in a brand new band project with two other solo artists, where each release is credited to both the band name and the respective musicians (who also happen to be members of the band). This way, the listener can click on any of those names and be redirected to the correct artist profile (alongside each artist's back catalogue).

To clarify my point, I would like to do exactly what the band Silk Sonic (composed of soloists Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak) did for their new songs, where the three names are displayed on their releases (I will attach a picture to illustrate).

I am wondering what would be the best way to proceed to achieve this. Otherwise, I would be glad to hear any suggestion about this topic.

Could I, for example, release the song with the band name as the primary artist and then add ourselves as featured artists? How can I make sure it actually appears on each of our solo profiles, as well as the band's?

I should probably clarify that I have not yet released any of these new songs, since I still need to find an answer to this inquiry.

Thanks!

Example.png
1 Reply

Hi @TheFatLook,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

In this case we suggest that you contact Spotify For Artists here since they work more directly with this kind of questions.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts