Remove Podcast from Home

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

My home page on Spotify has a "Your Top Shows" section that keeps displaying a white noise podcast I listened to a few minutes of one time. I don't follow the podcast and didn't save the episode to my library, but it is there every single time I open the app. How can I remove it from my home screen? I've tried following and unfollowing it, marking the episode as played and unplayed, and it's still there.

I don't use Spotify for podcasts at all. I don't follow any and that is the only one I have listened to and it was a one time thing, and now it's there every time I open the app. Is there a way to remove it?

6 Replies

Hi @jkathleen5,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, at the moment there isn’t a way to remove podcasts from the “Your shows” section on the Home screen.

However, there are currently a few relevant ideas in the Idea Exchange that you may be interested in adding your support to:

• This Closed Idea for an option to remove podcasts from “Your shows” (while at the moment, the status of this idea is "Closed - Not Enough Votes,” it can become an active idea again if it gains sufficient votes)
  • This Live Idea for an option to disable or hide podcasts entirely 
  • This Live Idea for an option to customize the Home screen (this idea is still open to votes, even though its current status is “Not Right Now”)

If any of these ideas are something that you’re interested in, I would recommend adding your +VOTE to them. The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it; and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

It will also be useful for you to Subscribe to the idea(s) by clicking the three dots next to their titles; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

These shows likely pay Spotify $$$ to stay on our "My Shows" for promotion. Spotify will unlikely allow us to take them off.

please also see my issue relating to this

Hi

vaajy_0-1678825989100.png

Why my whole Spotify home is FILLED with podcasts? Especially Good evening etc. section.

I'd like to see music, albums and playlists here in good morning?

I don't care about having podcasts on home, but this much... it's just annoying.

Music only third row. Even some variety would be good, especially some music I listen recommendations on good morning.

Some podcasts in good evening I listened maybe ONCE and they stay here forever.

Hi @vaajy,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, there currently isn’t a way to remove the podcasts suggestions that show up on the home screen.

However, there are a couple of Live Ideas that I’d recommend adding your +VOTE to, if you haven’t already done so:

• This Live Idea for an option to disable or hide podcasts entirely 
  • This Live Idea for an option to customize the Home screen 

If either of these ideas are of interest, I’d suggest voting for them (even though the current status for the second idea is “Not Right Now”). The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Feel free as well to Subscribe to the two ideas by clicking the three dots next to their titles; that way, you’ll be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Best answer is to get rid of Spotify!  That's ridiculous that you can't get rid of podcasts from your home screen.  Blah!

Suggested posts