Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove old devices

Solved!

Remove old devices

There are several Alexa Echo devices that I do not have anymore that still show up on my list of devices. I don't see an option to delete them.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

From what we know, inactive devices get purged from the list automatically after a period of inactivity, but the whole process is automated and varies, so we can't give an exact timeline.

Nevertheless, if you want any changes to be reflected in the Connect picker, first they need to be resolved between your Spotify account and the data in your Amazon app. To remove the irrelevant instances of the devices we suggest to try the following steps:

1. First off, unlink your Spotify and Amazon accounts. Here's how:
    1. "Settings" in the Echo app offers the option to unlink a Spotify account.
    2. You will be asked again to verify that you want to unlink your account.
    3. As soon as an account is no longer linked, the data leaves the Echo app.
  2. Now it's important to do a soft reset (switch off and then back on) on all Amazon devices you're planning to use, as well as on the devices where you'll use Spotify to stream from.
  3. Then you can set up your preferred Amazon devices (rename them etc.) and then set Spotify as default music source anew. It's easy:
    1. You need to go to the Alexa app on your device.
    2. Under “Music” you can select Spotify from the menu.
    3. When you open the Spotify tab, a link will appear - "Link your account".
  4. To finish the process, log in to your Spotify account page and confirm the connection with Alexa by clicking the green OK button.

This process of unlinking the two accounts should help you reset the data that is also reflected in your Connect picker. Keep in mind that simply renaming a device or a session will not remove the old already linked instances. You can use the same steps above if you want to let's say rename an already linked device and not create a new one instead.

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

From what we know, inactive devices get purged from the list automatically after a period of inactivity, but the whole process is automated and varies, so we can't give an exact timeline.

Nevertheless, if you want any changes to be reflected in the Connect picker, first they need to be resolved between your Spotify account and the data in your Amazon app. To remove the irrelevant instances of the devices we suggest to try the following steps:

1. First off, unlink your Spotify and Amazon accounts. Here's how:
    1. "Settings" in the Echo app offers the option to unlink a Spotify account.
    2. You will be asked again to verify that you want to unlink your account.
    3. As soon as an account is no longer linked, the data leaves the Echo app.
  2. Now it's important to do a soft reset (switch off and then back on) on all Amazon devices you're planning to use, as well as on the devices where you'll use Spotify to stream from.
  3. Then you can set up your preferred Amazon devices (rename them etc.) and then set Spotify as default music source anew. It's easy:
    1. You need to go to the Alexa app on your device.
    2. Under “Music” you can select Spotify from the menu.
    3. When you open the Spotify tab, a link will appear - "Link your account".
  4. To finish the process, log in to your Spotify account page and confirm the connection with Alexa by clicking the green OK button.

This process of unlinking the two accounts should help you reset the data that is also reflected in your Connect picker. Keep in mind that simply renaming a device or a session will not remove the old already linked instances. You can use the same steps above if you want to let's say rename an already linked device and not create a new one instead.

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have Spotify Premium.  I have 5 echos. I gave one of my old echos to a family member.  Even though the  family lives in another location and is not on my shared wifi/account, i am able to control the music on that  Alexa from all my spotify apps (desktop/iphone/ipad).  I have tried logging out all devices.  The family member has reset the  Alexa and has assured me they have it tied to their Alexa account.  I have done everything to remove this device from my account in Spotify and Alexa.  Yet, I am still able to play music on the account at any time.  The device does not show in my Alexa app whatsoever.  However, on the  Spotify app, it still shows as a device i can play from. I have selected "forget device".  There is nothing else I can do.  THIS IS A HUGE SECURITY ISSUE. I could literally blast music at 3 AM at someone else's house if i wanted to.  Why hasn't this issue be resolved?  I see complaints as far back as 2018. 

Suggested posts