Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reuploading upcoming release, affecting my playlist pitch?

Reuploading upcoming release, affecting my playlist pitch?

Hi there,

I uploaded a song a few weeks ago through Distrokid and pitched it for playlist consideration last weekend. However, I now noticed there are some parts of the song that are distorted to improper mastering. My question is: if I were to delete the song and immediately reupload the track, would I need to repitch the unreleased song? Or would the track just be automatically replaced since it has the same ISRC code?

Thanks in advance!

Viv

5 Replies

Hey there @vivc19

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We suggest you get in touch with our team at Spotify for Artists. These folks specialize in queries submitted to Spotify by artists and content creators. They’ll be able to help you more specifically with the issue you’re addressing. 

You can reach out to them here.    

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Hey @Ivan,

thanks for the tip. I've written to them and am now waiting for their response.

I do however have another question. There's another track that I'd like to reupload. The track has been placed in several major playlists. Question is, if I delete the old one and upload the new one, will the track still be playable in those playlist?

Hey @vivc19

Thanks for getting back to us.

To be honest, I'm not familiar with how Spotify artist profiles work to that extent. But if I was to make a guess, I doubt the track replacement would be automatic - you'd rather need to upload your new tracks to the playlists in question after deleting the old track versions.

You can still ask our folks at Spotify for Artist about this. They'll be able to give you more detailed answer. 

Stay tuned! 

Hey, did you ever get a response to this?

thanks!

Hey @vivc19

Did you ever get a response on this?

thanks

Suggested posts