Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Rihanna's new album Unapologetic?

Rihanna's new album Unapologetic?

Is it being witheld like Taylor Swifts - RED or will it be on soon?

16 Replies

Yeah, seriously, I CANNOT wait any longer! I feel that this is a ploy for users like ourselves to actually get desperate enough to purchase the album itself (like on iTunes) so as to raise their inital sales. The first week is always important and I'm always up on Billboard's website. Lol! Same thing with Taylor Swift's album. They're probably stringing that out until sales start to steady down/slow. Who knows???

Will it be comming out within the few days comming up and can you tell me what day it will be on spotify ??

We normally don't get much future warning on newly added tracks/albums!

Just keep an eye on the "What's New" page on the desktop application 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

ok thank you

Ok! I'm getting a little upset!! I left rhapsody for spotify and this is the 3rd album that I've been waiting for that you guys have held from me,! What's the problem??? Is Rihanna's new album EVER gonna be on here or do I need to go back to rhapsody slow loading asses????

Spotify upload all new music as soon as they receive it from the music label. These delays in releases are down to the labels not Spotify.

Peter

Peter

Is there a reason labels release there music to EVERYONE ELSE on time and not spotify?? Considering customers are complaining about not getting what they want, shouldn't a representative from spotify contact these labels to resolve the confusion!?!?

The single "Diamonds" was present yesterday, now it seems to be removed from Spotify. Why?

This album isn't on any streaming site right now.  It's not just Spotify.  

At the end of the day, it's all about the money. The reason the labels are delaying the release onto streaming services like spotify is because they aren't paying the labels enough money. 

Now 4 months after release and still no sign of Rihanna's unapologetic or Taylor swifts Red. Really frustrating!

@CLM82 wrote:
Now 4 months after release and still no sign of Rihanna's unapologetic or Taylor swifts Red. Really frustrating!

I think this speaks volumes about "big" pop artists, maybe they make less money from Spotify than sales and clearly they care more about staying rich rather than people enjoying their music.

With Spotify in the news lately about entering into licensing talks to allow more usage on mobile devices (for free customers maybe!?) several artists including one you have mentioned have said they are refusing to put their content on Spotify.

Here is a quote from the verge:

"Any attempts to plead poverty by Spotify are likely to be met with skepticism by the recording industry. For years, music acts have reported receiving far skimpier royalty checks from Spotify than from other music services, such as iTunes. Some acts, including Coldplay, Adele, and Taylor Swift, have refused to distribute their songs through Spotify and other subscription services (It's important to note that many of these holdouts are now on the service)."

Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens, but I wouldn't expect Red by Taylor Swift to be appearing anytime soon!

Peter

Peter

Sad. Will have to get them by "another way" 😉
They released the karaoke version of Red on Deezer ahah .. :x

I'm just saying. The 'Help' section has nothing to do with the availability of 'Unapologetic' it's really simple. Get permission, and put it up. That easy. A 5 year old could operate it. We're paying for you to provide, and you aren't. How is Rihanna's new single "Right Now" available but Unapologetic isn't? Answer that with your 'help' link. Just get the permission. Thanks
From,
An irritated subscriber

you people realize Spotify has nothing to do with this, right?  Labels decide what albums they want to make available for streaming.  "Unapologetic" isn't on ANY streaming service.  Rdio, Spotify, Xbox Music...NONE OF THEM. 

I knowww its so frustrating how things like that happen im just happy they have my favorite artist Kim Cesarions on. You guys should really check out his new song undressed its super catchy and already in the top 40 billboard charts.Spotify link: http://open.spotify.com/track/0ERBV06FfrPFGFVlvfjDuR

Suggested posts