Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Roku app won't load playlists

Roku app won't load playlists

The app has always been slow to load playlists, but it seems like now it's only loading a track a minute from playlists, if that. I've always thought that this app was buggy since I first got my Roku, and I was suprised to find that it hasn't been updated in nearly a year. Is the Roku platform being abandoned by Spotify, or am I just doing something wrong? I've already tried logging out and then reinstalling the app, no luck there. It would also be awesome to get more functionality from the app, especially something similar to the "Browse" tab in the desktop player.

26 Replies

I am having the same problem!  All of a sudden, my playlists are gone from my Roku 4's and I have to search song by song if I want to hear anything.  Another problem I am having is that it is only playing some of the song as well.  UGH, I have been a premium member for years.... have never had these problems.  Everything works fine on my smartphone and my computer.... but trying to listen through my speakers via the TV amp and roku is giving me a headache.  Has anyone heard anything about a fix?

If you liked my post, please send me some "kudos"!

If I solved a problem for you, please click the "accept as solution" tab.

FOLLOW ME AND I WILL FOLLOW YOU (just let me know you followed me)

KAREN ON LAST.FM

Karen's Twitter

I recently switched from one spotify account to a different one (my original one I signed up with my facebook. I am getting rid of facebook but I couldn't do that without deleting my spotify, so I built a new spotify. I emailed spotify for help and they never got back to me...). My old account worked just fine on my Roku 2. I signed in to my new one, and it is refusing to even show that there are playlists... I have tried removing and adding the channel back, I have tried logging in and out. What is also weird is that the keyboard in the roku app jumps funny across letters (like if you press in any direction, it goes two letters over instead of one. This does not happen on any of the other apps' keyboards). I don't know why this app is so poorly designed! If anyone finds out how to get the playlists to even show up, please let me know! 

Unfortunately the topic here has the feeling of 'Sorry - its not getting fixed. Use something else'.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playlists-not-showing-on-Roku/idi-p/1599998

Good job creating the worst Roku channel since MOG first premiered.

My Roku Spotify app has deleted all of my playlists completely. Spotify customer service is also completely useless. I keep trying to troubleshoot myself because they suck.

I'm logged into my premium account on Roku and yet no playlists nor the ability to create new ones.

Absolutely agree!! Roku's Spotify channel is absolute melarkey! I LOVE spotify more than any other music service, and It maddens me so much that they haven't done anything to fix the fact that I basically cannot use it on the Roku. WHY haven't they done anything?! 

I am also extremley frustrated by this. I just chatted with customer service. They appoligized that I have been inconvenienced by the "change" and don't know if or when the issue with Roku will be resolved. I asked that managment be made aware that people will leave. I've been with Spotify more years than I can recall and am set to bail. Very sad!

Suggested posts