Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Roku channel - Spotify connection issue

Roku channel - Spotify connection issue

Hi,

I own a ROKU3 and had installed Spotify Channel since last April without any problem.

Since few weeks now however, I have not been able to connect on Spotify channel from my Roku. It returns the error code 8.4, which is described as a connection issue. I have tried to un-install the channel, to reset the Roku (including a factory reset), re-install Spotify, tried an Ethernet or Wifi connection - nothing worked.

Roku is connected to internet, I can use Netflix or other channels without any issue.

At the same time, I have no issue with Spotify on other devices (PC, iphone, ipod) and I don't believe there is an issue with my account.

I have contacted Roku customer service, but they can't help me since it seems to be a connection issue with Spotify server.

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this issue?

Thanks

Jean

4 Replies

Hey @jbbriot 🙂 

Do you login normally using a Spotify username and password or using Facebook? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey Peter,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I have tried both, but neither worked. What's puzzling is that it had worked for several months, and my hardware confifuration did not change. There does not seem to be any specific setup required on my router either..

Let me know again if you have any idea,

Jean

Hi,

beside this community, is there any customer service support that could help me figure this issue?

Thanks

Jean

Sure is. You can get in touch using the online contact form.

Suggested posts