Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung 2011 smart tv

Samsung 2011 smart tv

Hi, I've got a 2011 Samsung ue46d8000 tv, any ideas when the Spotify app will be coming on the smart hub of last years models.

Thanks

Neil

20 Replies

I would dearly like to know this too... Read somewhere the end of Oct for Europe but not an official source.

Me too...

Me three!

Only 2012, E-series are supported. I have summarised the information that I have in this post.

Hi
What about ue46d8000?

Will there be support for 2011 models at any time?

There is no spoon... just spotify!

Would also very much like the app on the Samsung Plasma PS59D7000 ??

Could somebody or Spotify itself tell when 2001 models e.g. 46d8005 will be supported if ever?

Does Spotify support any Sansung blueray device?

Sorry, I meant 2011 model 46d8005 !

Question directly to you at Spotify.

Do you have any plans to support also Samsung smart tv 2011 models like 46d8005 and when?

If I do not have 2012 TV, could I have Spotify working with any new Samsung blueray or other device?

See below link concerning blueray (Samsung was not able to tell):

https://www.spotify.com/uk/blog/archives/2012/10/10/spotify-is-your-samsung-smart-tvs-new-best-frien...

"Getting Spotify on your Samsung Smart TV is easy: simply download the Spotify application to your internet-connected Samsung Smart TV, your Blu-ray player or home theatre system, and then log in. Spotify Premium subscribers will immediately be able to enjoy, discover and share music on Spotify, and see all of their playlists."

So?
When?

As Jude mentions on the previous page, only the 2012 models are supported at the moment. We can't say if or when this may change, I'm afraid.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I don't know all the technical details, but this isn't so much a question of Spotify supporting certain TV models, but those models supporting the Spotify app. This support is brought in via firmware updates, where possible. I don't know if it is possible to update the firmware of 2011 or earlier models so that they can support a Spotify app.

Samsung haven't so far mentioned anything about the possibility of supporting models earlier than 2012. So, for safety, I'd rather say that it doesn't look like it at the moment. This might be a question to put to Samsung however.

Thanks, but what is then the situation with Samsung blueray player, in your website you tell that Spotify should work with them also, but is this not true??

See below link concerning blueray:

https://www.spotify.com/uk/blog/archives/2012/10/10/spotify-is-your-samsung-smart-tvs-new-best-frie....

"Getting Spotify on your Samsung Smart TV is easy: simply download the Spotify application to your internet-connected Samsung Smart TV, your Blu-ray player or home theatre system, and then log in. Spotify Premium subscribers will immediately be able to enjoy, discover and share music on Spotify, and see all of their playlists."

This is the answer I finally got from Samsung, i.e. easiest to just buy new blueray:

The Spotify App is available for the E-series 7, 8 & 9000. To get Spotify, visit Samsung Apps and go to “lifestyle”, from there you can download the app to your TV.
Don´t forget that you need the latest firmware for your TV for Spotify to work.

At the moment, Spotify is only available for 7, 8 & 9-series, but Spotify will shortly also be available for other Samsung Smart TV in the E-series from 2012.

Spotify will also be available for Samsung Blu-ray players and home cinema systems from the E-series.

Ok, but what about 2011-series (including Blurays)?

Off course there is no problem with firmware upgrades. There was one just a couple off weeks ago for this. I even have a 2010 model at home where new updates where received recently.

I believe it's pretty lousy to not "care" about owners of older Samsung devices.

Just talked to Samsung chat in Amsterdam (Netherlands) and they said that Spotify will NOT be available on Model D TV's.  Great!  

This is a shame I have a Samsung ue32D5520 smart TV and I also pay for perineum so I would be good if you where to make it available for us with older TV's. 🙂

thanks,

Dave

Couldn't agree more - not sure if it's Spotify or Samsung we should blame...

Suggested posts