Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung 2016 Smart TV (Tizen)

Solved!

Samsung 2016 Smart TV (Tizen)

Hi Spotify, when will Samsung's Tizen-based 2016 SmartTVs get a Spotify app?

We got the usual suspects like, Netflix, YouTube, HBO Nordic and so on... here's waiting.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys. Guess what? They now have Spotify on 2016 TizenOS! Just thought i would share the news! 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

They have an app now for Tizen 2016 TVs.

Marked as solution

I don't see it on my Samsung TV - J6200 series.

Marked as solution

Not available for my KU6075 😞

19 Replies

Hey @michaelbjork!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for help.

Right now we don't have any info about this, but we'll let our developers know this is something you'd like to see.

Our best 🙂

Thank you 🙂

Pretty sure your developers are aware of Tizen's existence.. 🙂 So rather than pointing them in the right direction I would like to ask when will they start getting there. Spotify and Samsung, two titans in their own playing field. That's a no brainer!

Fingers crossed 🙂

Please, when we have the application for Tizen (Samsung SmarTV)

I have a family plan, and... it is necessary...

Good day brothers and sisters.

Come on! is unacceptable in high-end TVs can not have spotify! By the way, Deezer does have app in tizen os in case you wish to try it.

I have multiple 60+ inches Samsung TVs with Tizen and was disspointed to learn there was no player after getting a 4K TV. This has been going on since 2015.

Spotify, use to be really good about having players on multiple devices, like Samsung, Roku, etc.. it's strange like Spotify doesn't have enough money/resources to create players. Samsung is a large player in the market.

Liar!!!

Waiting for 2 years now!!!! If spotify truely wanted to develop for Tizen they would have!!!! They abandon customers!!!!

Marked as solution

Hey guys. Guess what? They now have Spotify on 2016 TizenOS! Just thought i would share the news! 🙂
Marked as solution

They have an app now for Tizen 2016 TVs.

They have an app for Tizen 2016 TVs now.

Best nws of the year :-))))

I installed it immediately and that's works perfectly!

It does not work on my Samsung 65" UHD Led Smart TV  UE65KS8005

Its downloading forewer, nothing happens.

Marked as solution

I don't see it on my Samsung TV - J6200 series.

Reboot your TV by holding the power button at least for 5 secs and try again. You should see the SUHD / Samsung Quantum Dot logo. If you release the power button too quickly, then you're putting the TV in standby mode.

Are you running TizenOS with a 2016 TV?

I held the power button on the TV and it didn't seem to do anything.

You must do that on your remote. Else, you can just pull the plug out of the wall to reset the TV and try the update again.

Marked as solution

Not available for my KU6075 😞

Suggested posts