Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Gear S3 login issue

Solved!

Samsung Gear S3 login issue

I recently purchased a samsung gear s3 and downloaded the spotify app, everytime i attempt to login it comes up with login failed. i've tried with my username and email address and even changed my password. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I figured it out on mine. You have to go remove offline devices in your apotify account. In my case I had to remove them all. Then, I rebooted my phone and retried logging in and it finally worked.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Go on the spotify website and remove all offline devices. Log out of spotify on your phone. Reset both your phone and watch. Sign back into spotify on your phone then load spotify on your watch and it should automatically sign you in.

Marked as solution

If you cannot log in through Facebook, this worked for me

set up a device password (spotify will send you an email, follow the instructions)

Once password is set up

find your spotify username (should be top right of the account page, Mine is a combination of 25 letters and numbers)

Use this and the device password you just set up to log in as a spotify user (not through facebook)

Hope this helps anyone 

Marked as solution

This worked for me! Thanks!

20 Replies

Same here. Help!
Marked as solution

So I figured it out on mine. You have to go remove offline devices in your apotify account. In my case I had to remove them all. Then, I rebooted my phone and retried logging in and it finally worked.

Mine does the same thing and I'm starting to go mad.

I have the exact same problem. Really really annoying.
Marked as solution

Go on the spotify website and remove all offline devices. Log out of spotify on your phone. Reset both your phone and watch. Sign back into spotify on your phone then load spotify on your watch and it should automatically sign you in.

I have tried all the suggestions but still can't login. I can't use spotify on wifi or lte just remote. It just keeps saying login failed. Please help. 

Marked as solution

If you cannot log in through Facebook, this worked for me

set up a device password (spotify will send you an email, follow the instructions)

Once password is set up

find your spotify username (should be top right of the account page, Mine is a combination of 25 letters and numbers)

Use this and the device password you just set up to log in as a spotify user (not through facebook)

Hope this helps anyone 

No offense, I find all these solutions to really suck. Typing a username & password on gear sucks to do once. Doing it multiple times feels like a long awaited punishment for being mean to insects when I was a child.

nope nothing is working for me 😞 

I finally got it working by creating a device password. It gave me a
username of a random string of numbers and then I created a password and it
let me right in. Hopefully you get it to work soon.
Marked as solution

This worked for me! Thanks!

SOLUTION! - For anyone who has had the issue of not being able to log into your Spotify account using Facebook credentials on your Gear Fit2 Pro watch here is how I worked around it (after a very long very irritating trial and error period):

1. Log into Spotify on your desktop

2. Click on the arrow next to your profile picture and select "account"

3. Under the Account Overview tab on the lefthand side scroll to the very bottom and click on "Set Password" in the "set a password for your devices" section

4. You will receive an email with a web link and a numerical device Username. Click on the link in the email and and create a password of your choosing.

5. On your Gear Fit2 Pro go to the Spotify app and, with WiFi enabled, choose to log into Spotify using Spotify NOT Facebook. 

6. Use the numerical Username from the email you received as your username and enter the password you created and hit Log In. 

This worked for me and I hope it works for you because I was dangerously close to losing my mind until I figured this out.

did not work

Where is the"set a password for your devices" section?  I don't have that in my lefthand column.

Another solution is to set your device password within your spoitify account. This will allow you to login to Spotify on your great s3 using a pre-assigned numerical username and a password you set Menu screenshot

Screenshot_20180407-130517.png

Das Problem ist die laufende Spotify App auf der Gear.

Also zuerst die App über das Smartphone unter "App Samsung Gear öffnen -> Apps" Spotify Stop erzwingen. Danach auf der Gear die Spotify App erneut starten. Login erfolgt automatisch

Ich hab auf der gear fit 2 das gleiche Problem alles versucht nur WLAN an kein oder doch Bluetooth. Service Passwort gibt's bei uns in Deutschland anscheinend nicht. Könnte ausrasten. Habe nur deswegen diese Uhr gekauft und jetzt geht es nicht

Thanks for the solution! This worked for me too. I appreciate your help!

Try to change wifi, with hot-spot from my mobile it works but when I swith to my house's wifi it doesn't

Suggested posts