Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung Gear Sport] Can't Play Music Offline

[Samsung Gear Sport] Can't Play Music Offline

Ok so I logged into my Spotify Premium account on my Gear, found and downloaded my playlist, and can play it with out my phone connected to the wifi. 

What I can't do is listen to my music completely offline not connected to wifi or phone just my blutooth headset.

In offline mode the songs that I downloaded from my playlist appear but when I select them nothing plays. But when I reconnect to the Wifi they play just fine. 

I noticed in the setting under "Playback" there are two options "Stream on Wifi" and "Remote". I have to keep it on Wifi because when I choose remote it wants me to connect to my phone through blutooth. 

I have tried twice to unload and reload the app and same with my downloaded playlist. 

Please Help 

10 Replies

Anybody?

I have the exact same issue with Spotify and the up to date Samsung Gear Sport. 

Are you trying to connect using your facebook id or your spotify id?  I was unable to get it work with my fb id/pw but it finally worked using my spotify id.

Same issue here, I Installed the app on november and it worked fine, but with the latest update on Decemeber they f^%$!@ the offline download. I've already contacted spotify suppor to troublehoot and after serveral days of trying different things nothing worked. Waiting to see if next update fixes it.

I used my Spotify ID to log in which worked fine I just can't listen to my downloaded playlist not connected to my phone or wifi. 

If they get back to you please post it here. 

Thanks

Yup same issue here. This was a major selling point for the Gear Sport. Any update coming from Spotify or Samsung?

Ditto here.  

Because someone asked, I am logging in with FB on my gear sport.  The strange thing is that upon login, I receive a text message (not sure if it is from FB or Spotify) saying I should login to Spotify with a specific six digit code as a password.  But I haven't found that password to work logging in with Spotify directly or via FB.  And I am already logged in to Spotify when I receive the text so I don't understand the point. 

Can anyone explain this? 

I think that's the Facebook two factor login process.  I don't think it's coming from Spotify.

Have you tried connecting with your spotify id (if you have one)?  I was unable to get it work with my fb id/pw but it finally worked using my spotify id.

Thanks.  Yes I did that and then used the Spotify offline device login they sent me.  It works well now.  

Suggested posts