Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Smart TV - Auto-Open Gone

Samsung Smart TV - Auto-Open Gone

When I first installed the Spotify app on my TV I logged in using my email address and password. After that, whenever I ran the TV menu cursor over the Spotify icon it would show album covers of music I listened to recently. Selecting the Spotify app would bring me right to my account with no logging in or anything. Then one day something happened, maybe an update, and things changed. Running the cursor over the app icon shows random album covers and when I open the app it brings up a screen that asks if I want to use my account or add another account. I still don't have to log in, but this extra step of having to select my account, along with losing my recent music on the main menu screen, is annoying. I tried signing out and doing the "Devices available" thing using my tablet but that didn't fix the problem. So how do I get Spotify to once again open up right to my account?

IMG_20200104_175349965.jpg
IMG_20200104_175416054.jpg
14 Replies

have family plan, my main account when opening spotify on my shield is now asing for me to select an account ? im logged in on my main so whay ask? its annoying having to select the account every time, this has just started to happen, when i use one of my other accounts in the family it works fine and logs in automatically ? please help.

Hi @Nokiaman1978,

What do you mean with; on my shield?

And: logged on my main.

Thanks,

René

This is SO annoying!! It started happening with last update. I have to select my account every single time I open Spotify app on any android platform streaming device. My account is ONLY account. It’s ridiculous. 

Hey @GABE_CO - help's here!

Do you mind sending over a screenshot showing us how this looks on your Android device? 

Out of interest, does it also happen on non-Android devices or when you try with another account?

Could you also let us know if you're the manager/member of a Premium Family plan?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Hey @DiverDave,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features such as this one.

This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. 

To make sure you don't miss a thing, we suggest you enable automatic updates on your device.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any questions 🙂

@Peter  Sorry, but your response didn't help at all. Also, on my tablet, there is no link, button, or checkmark to label a response as "Accept as Solution."

UPDATE: As soon as I posted this both responses had an "Accept as Solution" button. So apparently a lone response cannot be selected. There has to be a minimum of two responses. 

[removed]

Hey folks, 

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

Just to clarify, the feature allowing you to switch between Spotify accounts is only available within the Desktop and Smart TV apps. This is why you don't see it on devices such as mobile phone or tablet. 

If you don't like the feature, you can always check this page to find out how you can submit an idea. Here you can read more about the ideas on the Community and how they work.

In case you miss this feature on a mobile or tablet, simply head to this idea and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

A "feature" ? did you realize that this actually prevents the TV to be seen as Spotify Connect end point by other mobile device until you've manually selected the Spotify account on the TV ? I'm using a Shield TV (Android TV) and that's a real pain. Every time Shield is waken up from spleep I have to manually start Spotify on shield and log with the account before I can cast from Mobile device through Spotify Connect.

Same here. I have to manually select my account every time before I can play music from my phone in the TV

Any update on this?

This is very frustrating as it also means that you cannot "cast" to the TV anymore without first opening the Spotify app on the TV and logging in.

The app should remember the last user and keep them logged in by default.

I have the same issue, so I posted it as an idea here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/WebOS-Automatically-login-to-your-account-if-you-o...

If you also have this issue, please vote on the above idea.

I used to leave my account logged in so my 2y old son could use his arcade launcher to turn on the tv and flip through playlists to find the music he likes (based on coloured buttons + a pi zero, Spotify api and some rustling for the blue). Now because of this rather pointless change it no longer works in till I click through the login page. Please provide an option to stay logged in. Here is his remote: Arcade LauncherArcade Launcher

Hey there @ericdwhite,

Thanks for sharing this in the Community!

If you haven't already, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback in the idea @dvdlubbe shared above.

This way, you can contribute to the discussion around adding this feature and you can stay up to speed with any updates regarding we have to pass on.

If you're curious about how ideas get implemented or how your feedback reaches Spotify, we'd suggest taking a look at this Spotify Answer that goes a bit more into the details.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts