Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung Smart TV] Playlist not 100% equal

Solved!

[Samsung Smart TV] Playlist not 100% equal

Hello,

I am using Spotify on my desktop PC, aswell on my Android Smarthphone and my Samsung Smart TV (in The Netherlands). However, I experience some strange behaviour in the Samsung Smart TV app.

I manage my playlist through the Spotify app on my desktop PC. Exactly the same playlist is available on my Android Smartphone, it synchronizes automatically. The same playlist is also available on my Samsung Smart TV app. But some songs I have added in the past to my playlist, and removed later on (at least I think so), are still visible in my playlist on the Smart TV app. The concerning songs are grayed out. I can't select them, and I neither can't play them or remove them from the playlist. The concerning songs are NOT visible in the playlist on my desktop PC and Smartphone.

How is this possible? Is there a solution to this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If they have been removed from Spotify your desktop client might simply be hiding them. If you go to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Playback > Untick "Hide Unplayable Tracks" and then navigate back to the playlist can you see the greyed out tracks? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Bump:) Anyone?

It sounds like a possible issue with the Spotify application on Samsung's TVs (wish I had one of these to test!), have you got in touch with Samsung (since they will have made the application themselves)? 

Peter

Peter

To make this problem even more clear, here are screenshots of my playlist:

As you can see the playlist does not match. Some songs are still visible - but grayed out - in the Samsung Smart TV app, while those grayed out songs are not even visible in the PC app.

Furthermore I have noticed that this problem not only occurs with my own playlist, but also with those of others.

I expect the cause of the problem is: songs that are entirely removed from Spotify. Because I am unable to find the grayed out songs in Spotify anymore.

My experience with the Samsung customer service is not that good;) Any chance you can forward this problem directly to the Samsung developers?

Please also ask if they could implement "fast forward + rewind" in the Smart TV app.

Many thanks 🙂

Marked as solution

If they have been removed from Spotify your desktop client might simply be hiding them. If you go to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Playback > Untick "Hide Unplayable Tracks" and then navigate back to the playlist can you see the greyed out tracks? 

Peter

Peter

Brilliant solution Peter. That did the job!

The songs that are grayed out in my Samsung Smart TV app, are now visible on my desktop client.

And in contradiction to my Smart TV app, those songs are clickable and removable in the desktop app!

Many thanks.

(leaves my question if you could please make a request to Samsungs' developer team for adding "fast forward + rewind" hehe)

I don't work for Spotify, so that might be tricky! However someone else has already suggested it over on the Ideas Exchange here

Peter

Peter

Ah I see, you do not work for Spotify. Well I think they should hire you!

I guess that's not someone else hehe;)

But nobody replies on that topic...

Wow didn't even think to check the usernames haha! I've added my kudos! 😉 

I guess there just aren't many samsung TV users here on the community, bit expensive for me to get my hands on one!

Peter

Peter

When Spotify decides to hire you, you may get one yourself! 🙂

@markvm wrote:

When Spotify decides to hire you, you may get one yourself! 🙂

Not really my field I'm afraid (I'm an electrical engineering student), I just enjoy helping out! 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Help appreciated. I wish you good luck with your studies then!

Thanks! Enjoy your fancy Samsung TV 😛 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts