Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Smart TV Spotify App - buggy. Will it be fixed?

Samsung Smart TV Spotify App - buggy. Will it be fixed?

The Spotify app for Samsung Smart TV is quite buggy, and often rendered next to useless when bugs are hit.

Two bugs I've noticed:

1) The most annoying, the seach bug:

* Go to seach, seach bar comes up, key pad comes up, and you can select letters

* Type in "tool" -> Done

* Now, try to go down and select the band, it doesn't work

* Go back to the side panel, and hit Search agiain

* In the search box, now the keypad won't appear

* Going back to search in the side panel infinite amount of times won't fix it, need to reboot TV

2) The change password bug

* Change your password on your computer

* Try to sign into Spotify on your TV, it'll show an error

* The app won't give you an optoin to re-enter your password

* Need to reinstall the app to get around the bug/unhandled scenario

Not sure why I'm paying for Spotify when it seems that they're not willing to fix an obviously buggy application. Is development for the Samsung TV app continuing or is it shelfware?

2 Replies

I am experiencing similar issues with my Samsung Smart Blu Ray player since the forced password change by Spotify. It worked fine until the password change. Now when I try to load the app through the device, it will go to big Spotify logo and not move forward to the app. When I log in through the web browser I get the same version that is on my PC, but cannot play the songs.

Any comments from Spotify would be appreciated! I'm not sure how to log a support request but this would certainly fall into that category. I'd love to be given the bug reference number so that I can track the work being done towards fixing it.

Suggested posts