Samsung Smart TV app no sound

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Samsung TV Model UE40MU6105 

My Question or Issue

The song plays on my tv but no sound comes out. The problem just started randomly from one day to the next. The Spotify app is the only app where this issue occurs so I don’t believe it is a problem with the TV. I’ve updated the software for the tv and the app but it hasn’t helped. I don’t have any external speakers connected to the TV so that isn’t the problem either. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app several times and I’ve tried to connect from several phones and login directly through the TV but nothing is fixing it. Is this maybe a bug in the software? Has this happened to anyone else? 

5 Replies

I've the exact same problem. My TV model is UE55MU7055.

Spotify plays music but there's no sound coming from the TV, other apps are working fine. It seems a Spotify Connect or Spotify App for Samsung Smart TV problem.

Using Spotify via Chromecast works fine, and changing devices from PC/Smartphone/Chromecast is working, but when I click on the TV, the issue persist.

I already tried to reinstalling the app, re-login and everything, but no solution.

I have EXACTLY THE SAME problem as described above:

"The song plays on my tv but no sound comes out. The problem just started randomly from one day to the next. The Spotify app is the only app where this issue occurs so I don’t believe it is a problem with the TV. I’ve updated the software for the tv and the app but it hasn’t helped. I don’t have any external speakers connected to the TV so that isn’t the problem either. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app several times and I’ve tried to connect from several phones and login directly through the TV but nothing is fixing it

Hello @70520648,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. No worries - we're here to help!

We appreciate the effort you've poured in to do some troubleshooting on your end.

There's another thread on a similar issue here containing some solutions worth checking. For example, have you tried changing the audio format in your sound settings to see if that makes any difference?

Let us know how it goes. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Having the same issue on my Samsung UE70TU7100KXXU, has anyone found a solution?

I have been having same issue. It's very random.

Works days in a row, then suddenly won't.

I've come back a couple of hours later to find it working.

No sound only on this app today.

I went into settings, flicked through a few options and returned to the settings of start.

Flicked Spotify on and I have sound again.

I don't anything I did made that happen.

Suggested posts