Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Smart TV

Solved!

Samsung Smart TV

Hi

I have a Samsung Smart TV purchased in Dubai, i reset the TV and started it all up whilst connected to my UK VPN, i have the Spotify app but i get a message saying that the TV's firmware doesnt support the app.

Any ideas?

89 Replies

Hi!

I own the fantastic UE46D8005. Will Spotify ever be released for this model?? 

It was with great disappointment I discovered that my model was not supported, as it was announced that Spotify came on Samsung Smart TVs.  I beg that Spotify and Samsung provides support for the D8005 model...

Please hang on this post, so that Spotify see that there are more disappointed D8005 owners out there!

Thanks for your support!

Finaly got it ut work on my ue55es8005. I had problems to get the firmware update to work on my TV. From the Menu->Support I was not able to press the Software Update-button.

I then went to http://www.samsung.com/no/support/model/UE55ES8005UXXE-downloads and downloaded the latest Firmware/Hardware driver, ran the .exe-file and copyed the created folder to a newly formatted FAT32 USB-flash drive.

Then I inserted this usb-stick into the television while it was turned off, then turned the television on and waited 2 minutes before I ran into the menu->Support. This time it was possible to firmware upgrade the TV. From 001401 to 002014 I think it was.

When done, Spotify started up instantly.

Hey,

I have a Samsung UE40D7000LSX Smart TV. Do you have an idea when the Spotify app will be available for this model range?

Hey, i Have a Smart TV 55D7000. Will the spotify app be supported one day ? 

thanks 🙂

But how can I update the firmware. Im having the same problem 🙂

i am having no joy either (UE50s6000 range) - however, if you have a smartphone, you can still use the allshareCast in the meantime - plays spotify from phone through TV and surround sound system. Not a solution I know, but until Spotify and Samsung listen to the demand of their subscribers, this is a decent workaround...

@TheBudGee wrote:

i am having no joy either (UE50s6000 range) - however, if you have a smartphone, you can still use the allshareCast in the meantime - plays spotify from phone through TV and surround sound system. Not a solution I know, but until Spotify and Samsung listen to the demand of their subscribers, this is a decent workaround...

Allcast not too bad once the visual (screen) turns off, otherwise audio breaks up (some break up occasionally too, needs good wifi network). Allcast does die randomly for me too, but that's a general Allcast issue for me.  Good idea thebudgee!

I still want Spotify on my TV!!!

@__spo__ people, please pull your finger out and sort out this mess. Surely you can do some promotions for Samsung's devices to the Spotify audience to make up for people not signing up for music hub on their TV when they have Spotify as an alternative (does anyone sign up for music hub now???).

I think in the end it's up to the consumers in each market to tell Samsung somehow that while we love their devices, we will never want their music service and demand Spotify to be made available! 

Does anyone have a good explanation of how it was possible for Spotify to be available to European Samsung TV users? Did Spotify just have such an unbreakable hold on the market that there was no point trying to turn people on to music hub?

I had the same problem and resolved it by updating the firmware. This link shows easy to follow instructions:

http://knowhow.com/article.dhtml?articleReference=890

So glad I got it working. I have a Samsung 40" LED ES5500.

Thanks for the advice all.

I've recently purchased a Samsung UE40HU6900, have been disapponted not to find the spotify app, any news about the avalaibility for this model?
Thanks in advance

I have a un40fh5303g and the app appears, download but keeps installing eternaly... =/

does anyone had this problem? what can I do to solve or test?

http://www.gurugourmet.com.br/
http://www.2websolutions.com.br/

Suggested posts