NEXT STEP

Samsung TV AU8000 Playlists/Albums stop playing after 3 songs

Samsung TV AU8000 Playlists/Albums stop playing after 3 songs

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Smart TV AU8000 43” (Model code UN43AU8000FXZA)

Operating System
Software version 1506 (T-KSU2EAKUC-1506.0, BT-S)

Spotify App Version

My Question or Issue

I bought a Samsung AU8000 TV in May, installed the Spotify Smart TV app and it worked perfectly for about 6 weeks. Then on June 23rd, I downloaded the latest version (2.1.3) of the Spotify Smart TV app.

From that moment on, any playlist or album that I select will play three songs and then go back to the Spotify home screen. This happens every single time - it is not an intermittent problem. It happens whether you start on the first song or the playlist/album, or select a song to start playing further down the list.

I have tried:

- Hard reset of the TV (disconnecting from power for 5 minutes)

- Logging out and back into the Spotify TV app

- Deleting the Spotify TV app and reinstalling it

- Checking for updates to the TV OS (I have the latest version)

- Checking for updates to Spotify TV app (I have the latest version)

This makes the app basically unusable, and is extremely frustrating since I was about to buy a premium subscription, and the TV is the only place I have a decent speaker setup to listen to music. Not to mention that it was working before the latest version of the Spotify Smart TV app was installed.

Thanks!

16 Replies

Hi there @drewsf1,

Thank you for your post here in the Community and for letting us know all of the troubleshooting you've done so far 🙂

In this case we suggest that you have someone log in with their account - such as a friend or a family member. This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, have you  had an success with this? We have a samsung smart tv and it's doing the same thing? 

Hey @cutnie85,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Could you list all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? The ones listed in the original post are very good to start with.

Additionally, we'd like to know if this issue only happens directly in the TV app or if it also happens when streaming from a different device to your TV via Connect.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Hi,

We have tried clearing the cache, uninstalling the app and installing again and disconnecting the internet's and connecting again.

The problem is only on the TV app, not when streaming from our phones.

Please help.

Hey @cutnie85,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know if you're using a free account, and if there is someone around that could try it with a Premium account as depending on a device, there might be limitations on what can be done while using Spotify Free.

You can ask a friend to log in with their account on your TV.

Let us know how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I have a samsung smart tv and it's doing the same thing. Any playlist or album that I select will play three songs and then go back to the Spotify home screen when it's time for ads. This app version cannot play ads on my spotify free account. Please fix it with update.

Thank you for the software update. I can confirm that the problem is fixed.

Hi there @bojko84,

Thank you for your reply.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Have a great continued weekend!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

I confirmed that the problem didn’t happen when I finally got a friend to log in with a paid account. I then realized the problem occurred in free accounts when the app tried to play an ad.

I also confirm it has been fixed in the latest software update.

Thanks!

Hi @drewsf1,

That's fantastic news! Thanks for keeping us posted.

For anything else you need, the Community is here for you.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

I have the same problem except after 3 songs, my Samsung au8000 actually turns off!!! 

I turn it back on, go back into spotify and it seems to work fine from there until I turn it off.

Jack

Hey @JeDaws,

Thanks for reaching out about this in Community and welcome. 

Could you check if there's any OS/firmware update available to install on your TV?

Changing tunes, let us know if this started after a recent update. 

Lastly, tell us if this happens when playing any playlist on your TV.

We'll stay tuned. 

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

This is also happening on my Samsung TV. The TV just turns off. No firmware updates available because it’s a brand new TV and everything has already been updated.

Hey @Austinmb,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Could you let us know if this happens only with Spotify or with other apps as well?

On another note, could you try restarting your TV by unplugging it from power for at least 30 seconds to check if that makes the difference?

If the issue persists, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on the TV app to check if the same happens using a different account?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have Samsung QN800A and whenever I'm playing from the spotify app on tv it plays about 3 songs before the tv shuts down. No other apps or any other similar problems, it's only the spotify app that does this. I have tried to sign out and in again. There is no updates, I have reinstalled the app and still the same problems keep happening. What can be the problem? 

I have spotify premium and I dont share my account.

Hey @sdli2508,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

These types of cases are usually related to some damaged cache stored on your device or some network restrictions. Since you've already tried a reinstall process, would you mind checking with a different network connection to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it.

Also, it would be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts