Samsung Smart TV AU8000 43” (Model code UN43AU8000FXZA)
Software version 1506 (T-KSU2EAKUC-1506.0, BT-S)
Spotify App Version
My Question or Issue
I bought a Samsung AU8000 TV in May, installed the Spotify Smart TV app and it worked perfectly for about 6 weeks. Then on June 23rd, I downloaded the latest version (2.1.3) of the Spotify Smart TV app.
From that moment on, any playlist or album that I select will play three songs and then go back to the Spotify home screen. This happens every single time - it is not an intermittent problem. It happens whether you start on the first song or the playlist/album, or select a song to start playing further down the list.
I have tried:
- Hard reset of the TV (disconnecting from power for 5 minutes)
- Logging out and back into the Spotify TV app
- Deleting the Spotify TV app and reinstalling it
- Checking for updates to the TV OS (I have the latest version)
- Checking for updates to Spotify TV app (I have the latest version)
This makes the app basically unusable, and is extremely frustrating since I was about to buy a premium subscription, and the TV is the only place I have a decent speaker setup to listen to music. Not to mention that it was working before the latest version of the Spotify Smart TV app was installed.